Senior Project Manager (Product) at Clearcover
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is the Senior Project Manager?
We are looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager who can work independently in a fast paced environment to help drive initiatives that deliver world-class insurance products. We need someone with practical knowledge of delivery management; someone able to initiate projects, maintain delivery schedules, resolve and mitigate issues and risks associated with deliverables, and communicate results to all affected stakeholders and teams. You will work closely with the product managers and technical leads on the team to help drive and manage our near and long term business initiatives. You will execute on plans, manage risks and develop mitigation plans, facilitate and manage functional dependencies across teams, including post release activities. We are looking for a natural problem solver who can work amidst ambiguity, and be willing (and able) to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
We are a small team trying to do big things. What you oversee will change as our needs change. We promise this is the most fun you’ll have in your career and also the hardest thing you’ll do.
What will you do?
- You will work with product and technology leadership and teams to drive, prioritize, and manage readiness for business initiatives.
- You will develop short and long term plans for new and ongoing business initiatives while factoring company goals and functional dependencies across teams.
- In collaboration with product and technology teams, you will execute on plans, assess risks and develop mitigation strategies, releases and post release activities related to initiatives.
- In collaboration with product and technology teams, you will facilitate discussions and gain consensus on product and technical decisions to ensure the right initiatives are prioritized.
- You will represent product and technology in all broader communications and meetings regarding project launch strategy and progress. As such, you will create, maintain and disseminate project information to all affected stakeholders.
- In collaboration with product managers on the teams, you will help keep our roadmaps up to date at the end of each release, including pushing roadmaps and release notes to the broader organization.
- You will report directly to the Sr. Director of Product Management.
What are our must haves?
- You have 5+ years of experience working as a project or program manager in an agile environment with focus on B2C and B2B products.
- You have 3+ years of experience working with a Product and Technology organization.
- You are a great executor. You have a proven track record of successfully small and large initiatives from kickoff to planning, to execution and post implementation activities. You value iteration and rapid delivery. You have an obsessive attention to detail and can demonstrate capabilities by ways of example to manage multiple, disparate projects and stakeholders groups.
- You have experience managing Scrum and Kanban project types.
- You can demonstrate ability by ways of example where hard data and metrics are used to make and support decisions.
- You’re able to communicate effectively, both internally and externally, and can navigate complex relationships to get the job done. You’re able to facilitate complex discussions and present results to every level of the organization.
- You have the ability to manage up -- leverage functional leaders and other senior leadership to help achieve goals and deliver on product roadmap.
What are our nice-to-haves?
- Bachelor candidates are preferred, but not necessary.
- Startup experience is preferred, but not necessary.
- Previous insurance experience is not needed, but is a plus.
- Working experience with Atlassian’s JIRA, Confluence, and Google Apps is preferred, but not necessary.
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited vacation, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover the vast majority of your premiums to make the cost of you and your family's coverage affordable. Plus, we contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- 401(K) contribution of 3%
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- And yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social