The RISE Product Operations team is seeking an outstanding senior project manager to join our team. We are looking for a detail-oriented self-starter who can work effectively in a highly collaborative global team setting. The senior project manager will manage projects that impact our business unit and span across the organization. You will be responsible for a portfolio of complex projects and operations tasks working closely with our global teams across RISE as needed from discovery through implementation and delivery. This position is based in our Chicago office.
• Develop an in-depth understanding of products and services within the RISE organization.
• Create and oversee project timelines, tasks/responsibilities, and deliverables for multiple complex projects working with various global delivery teams on implementation
• Communicate regular project updates across all stakeholder groups
• Identify, monitor and mitigate project risks
• Work with external and internal project stakeholders to define and document project scope, detailed functional, non-functional and technical requirements when needed
• Collaborate with groups throughout Morningstar to proactively identify and manage dependencies
• Execute on assigned RISE operations related tasks and support tool management
• 5+ years of experience in project management
• A demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects concurrently in various stages
• A proven record in managing projects with tight timelines and undefined scope
• Effective in promoting a collaborative environment with global cross-functional teams
• Comfort in dealing with ambiguity, ability to create focus and keep the team on track
• Solid leadership, time management, facilitation, and interpersonal skills
• Experience leading projects in finance, data, research, regulatory or software product development is a plus
• Experience working with Atlassian JIRA, JIRA Align and/or Confluence
• A bachelor`s degree is required; an advanced degree is a plus.