Morningstar is looking for a talented Project Manager to focus on managing technical projects across Information Security and Identity Access Management space. In this role you will align with various stakeholders across the entire company. You will be responsible for managing and coordinating with architects and engineers, sometimes vendors and contractors for cross team technical projects. You will also be responsible for presenting project roadmap and status to executive leadership. A secondary responsibility of this role will be to act as the scrum master. This position is located at Morningstar Headquarters in Chicago.
* Coordinate and manage project roadmap by collaborating with product owners and other stakeholders
• Understand business needs and dependencies, continuously identify areas of improvement
• Identify, track, and manage project risks and issues to conclusion, defining appropriate risk mitigation and contingency plans.
* Ensure senior stakeholders are in alignment with our technology strategy through coordination of executive leadership updates and governance meetings
* Develop and report on KPIs related to technical projects
* Facilitate all Scrum ceremonies for the team, including Stand-ups, Backlog Grooming, Story Estimation, Sprint Planning, Team Retrospectives, and Release Planning.
* Work closely with Financial Manager to ensure teams are within forecasted spend
• Coordinate and collaborate with global stakeholders across Americas, APAC and EMEA
* 3-5 years experience of program management
* Understanding of both business and technical requirements, and the ability to serve as a conduit between product and technology staff.
* Effective at creating and communicating project reports including status reports, velocity metrics, burndown charts, etc.
* Strong interpersonal skills for coaching, team building, and negotiating
* Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills for managing competing demands and priorities
* Ability to understand the business and client needs with a creative problem-solving mindset
* Comfortable in dealing with ambiguity in a fast-paced, complex environment with the ability to keep the team focused on business objectives.
* A bachelor's degree is required.
Nice to have
* AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certification or relevant experience is a plus
* Scrum Master certification or relevant experience is a plus