Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for managing all aspects of diverse, complex to very complex projects. This includes but not limited to project planning, execution, timing, functionality, testing, quality, cost benefit analysis, risk management, communication and documentation. Project types include new product launches, capital improvements, R&D, strategic initiatives, and continuous improvement.
- Represents the organization as a primary contact on assigned projects. Utilizes expertise and leadership skills to direct natural work groups and to resolve issues to ensure project goals and requirements are met. Effectively and consistently communicate to provide timely and accurate information and status updates to all stakeholders.
- Initiates and leads projects, including creation of proposals, writing business requirements, and negotiating timelines with business and technology partners. Coordinates the testing, installation, and implementation of system modifications with the Processing Centers, business partners, internal applications teams and external vendors.
- Solves unusual technical and business problems requiring innovative business solutions and state-of-the-industry subject matter expertise. Ensure solutions are consistent with organizational objectives.
- Adheres to enterprise-wide company policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulatory mandates. Adhere to company guidelines for Change Management and the Product Development Process (PDP). Ensure the highest level of compliance with company directives regarding confidentiality, storage and access to secure data.
- Manage the project flow and coordination of direct mail, paid digital and social campaigns
- Create long- and short-term plans, including setting targets for milestones and adhering to deadlines
- Keep the broader team informed with timely status updates
- Make effective decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress with the project
- Serve as a point of contact for teams assigned to the same project to ensure team actions remain in synergy
- Communicate with leadership to ensure the project aligns with their goals
- Perform quality control on the project throughout development to maintain the standards expected
- Adjust schedules and targets on the project as needs or financing for the project change
- Own the creative legal submission and legal review process for the broader Acquisition team
- Manage monthly legal/compliance review process and updates for site content and SEO optimizations
- Manage/edit content in WordPress to reflect changes made to content during the annual review process
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications or related field
- 2+ years experience with Project Management, Operations or related Minimum
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 4+ years Project Management, Operations or related Minimum
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Preferred
- Experience with MS Office Suite and Project Management software (Basecamp, Workfront, etc.) is a plus
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.