Senior Release Manager at CCC Information Services
CCC Information Services Inc. is the technology platform for the underwritten assets economy. CCC technology, insights, and support connect industries – insurers, automotive manufacturers, collision repairers, parts suppliers, lenders, fleet operators and more – to advance decision-making, productivity, and customer experiences for thousands of clients worldwide. Clients leverage CCC’s network management, data management, AI, operational workflows and customer experience solutions to efficiently scale, interact, transact and achieve their unique business objectives. CCC was ranked a best mid-sized company to work for by Forbes (2019). BuiltIn Chicago, Austin and LA named CCC a top place to work in 2020. Diverse perspectives and experiences are core to CCC’s success and award-winning culture of more than 2,000 employees worldwide. We hold inclusion as a core value and are committed to celebrating and cultivating the diversity of our team. With a 40+ year track record of innovation, CCC’s tenacious spirit and growth mindset turn next generation technology into real world solutions and empower team members to expand their knowledge and potential. Headquartered in Chicago, CCC has 11 locations worldwide. CCC’s principal PE investors are Advent International, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Oak Hill Capital Find out more about CCC Information Services by visiting cccis.com.
Job Description Summary
The Senior Release Manager will be an integral member of the Products and Technology delivery team. You are well-organized and process-oriented, have strong attention to detail and strong teamwork skills. You will work collaboratively to coordinate release activities and deliverables across cross-functional teams from Non-Production through Production. You will be responsible for implementing and managing release processes for code and other deployment artifacts through test and production environments. You will track and report release metrics, conduct root cause analysis after each release in accordance with established standards, and collaborate in the design and implementation of release process improvement initiatives. In this role, you will be working with cross functional teams including: architecture, product development, quality assurance, business analysis, IT operations, product management and more.
- Implement and manage release processes for code and other deployment artifacts through test and production environments.
- Work collaboratively to coordinate release activities and deliverables across cross-functional teams from Non-Production through Production.
- Work with Development, Quality Assurance IT Operations and DevOps team members in planning each release to manage risk and resolve issues that would affect release scope, schedule and quality, and to ensure that a detailed deployment plan including production validation steps has been documented along with a back-out plan should issues arise during release deployment.
- Track and report release metrics that measure performance of release functions.
- Identify, analyze, respond to, track and manage release related risks and issues to ensure uninterrupted customer service
- Manage the impact that a given change or bundle of changes entering the production environment has on associated stakeholders
- Manage pre-production environment consistency throughout the release process
- Participate in Change Management meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks.
- Collaborate in the continual design and implementation of release process improvement initiatives.
- Must be able to work off-hours (some evening and weekend time) as required to support production releases (pre-defined schedule).
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science or a related field
- 7+ years of release and/or end-to-end project management experience
- Formal training in release and/or project management practices preferred
- Process knowledge of software development life cycles
- Exposure to automated configuration management/code management systems
- Solid understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Agile/DevOps environment
- Experience managing work efforts and deliverables across cross-functional teams
- Positive attitude and approach to working collaboratively with cross-functional team members
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are critical; documentation skills must result in the delivery of clear, concise and comprehensive documentation
- Exhibit strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills with a knack for proactively identifying and resolving technical dependencies and issues
- ITIL experience
- PMP certification