Senior Scrum Master
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for adopting and promoting Agile methodologies and related ceremonies within a cross-functional team agile team. Provides ongoing oversight during feature/user story grooming and sprint development. Manages Sprint release timeline, stand-ups and other ceremonies, and helps remove blockers to ensure agile releases stay on track.
- Facilitates team activities including daily stand-up meetings, grooming, Sprint planning, demonstrations, release planning and team retrospectives.
- Identifies dependencies between agile teams and communicates and resolves dependencies between different teams.
- Manages Sprint release deliverables and proactively identifies and resolves impediments to ensure Sprint release stays on track and updates Sprint activities in Agile planning and execution tracking tool.
- Participate in Scrum of Scrums forum within the Agile Release Train to communicate agile teams progress, dependencies and impediments.
- Partner with Product Owners to create user stories and perform story mapping
- Facilitate user story sizing and estimation workshops
- Facilitate Sprint release and sprint planning
- Facilitate daily stand-ups, sprint review and demos
- Manage and coordinate implementation
- Utilize strong communication, leadership and relationship building to drive team towards its objectives.
- Model, promote and encourage Agile values, collaboration, best practices, processes and behaviors
- Continually learn and share process improvements with colleagues and the team
- Proactively manages dependencies and removes impediments. Locates and mitigates risks before they occur, and knows when to properly escalate problems to management
- Protects the team from distractions like non-sprint work and changing business requirements
- Coach team members when necessary
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems Management
- 2+ years of experience in coaching and mentoring skills on Agile methodology and understand Scrum framework
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!