Senior Scrum Master
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for adopting and promoting Agile methodologies and related ceremonies within a cross-functional team agile team. Provides ongoing oversight during feature/user story grooming and sprint development. Manages Sprint release timeline, stand-ups and other ceremonies, and helps remove blockers to ensure agile releases stay on track.
- Facilitates team activities including daily stand-up meetings, grooming, Sprint planning, demonstrations, release planning and team retrospectives.
- Identifies dependencies between agile teams and communicates and resolves dependencies between different teams.
- Manages Sprint release deliverables and proactively identifies and resolves impediments to ensure Sprint release stays on track and updates Sprint activities in Agile planning and execution tracking tool.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field
- 2+ years of experience in coaching and mentoring skills on Agile methodology and understand Scrum framework
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Safe Agile experience is plus.
- Financial institution experience a plus
- Mobile application experience a plus.
Position is based out of Chicago Downtown location.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.