Senior Staff Technical Program Manager at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Join the hottest name in enterprise software today! ServiceNow, the fastest growing, publicly held SaaS and Cloud Company, is transforming and reinventing the way large corporations are managing their processes by developing and delivering a comprehensive suite of cloud based services for enterprise management.
Service Now's Global Cloud Services Program Management team is responsible for program delivery across our cloud environment, touching all elements of the cloud infrastructure. Program scope includes core infrastructure services design and deployment, onboarding new platform features across all functional teams (services and automations) and partnering on operationalization with operations teams. The team is a key partner to the architecture and product development teams and are an integral part of the Cloud Security organization.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience and service availability. We need someone who is uncompromising in the delivery of high quality, scalable, and sustainable solutions. The successful candidate will have experience managing cross-functional technical teams and exemplary program management skills. This role requires a critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills; we are looking for someone who embraces new challenges, is innovative, and is a great team player. We like to have fun while we work, this person should too.
As the Program Manager, you will be responsible for driving large, highly complex, highly visible programs for our Global Cloud Services organization.
As a member of the GCS PMO you will have the opportunity to provide input on process improvement initiatives and provide ideas on how we can work more effectively.
As a key partner to our architecture and engineering teams, you will develop and maintain strong partnerships with stakeholders, technical leaders, and business owners to deliver on strategic organizational initiatives.
What you get to do in this role:
- Develop overall program plans; help define and reach consensus on scope, success criteria, key milestones, and deliverables
- Determine key dependencies; technical, process, and people
- Identify and mitigate risks throughout the schedule
- Coordinate the day-to-day activities required to deliver a great solution, on time
- Identify risks and define mitigation plans to address problems
- Facilitate meetings and deliver crisp status updates to all stakeholders
- Ensure operational readiness for the technology
- Develop business readiness plans including training and support documentation and artifacts
- Manage external dependencies and logistics
- Provide leadership by example
- Develop and share best practices across the team
- Work on multiple programs simultaneously, managing and budgeting time accordingly to achieve success with all programs
To be successful in this role you have:
- You'll have a deep understanding of the hardware and software components of a cloud infrastructure environment. Prior experience in managing complex, cutting edge, software service development and deployment programs for the cloud is require.
- Embody excellent communication skills and work well in an open, collaborative, dynamic team environment.
- Experience working with Security and Compliance teams on program requirements
- 15+ years project/program management with at least 4 years dedicated to running large, complex engineering programs
- 3+ years of pure technical experience such as; hardware/software engineering, networking, or SaaS platform development
- Working knowledge of software deployment, system orchestration and software build/test best practices
- Familiarity with networking technologies
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science (CS), or related field
- Experience driving and delivering large scale cross organizational projects/programs
- Facilitation skills in leading planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives
- Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills
- Superior communications and presentation skill
- Strong customer orientation
- Ability to make decisions independently
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills
- Excellent leadership and proven people skills
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.