Senior Technical Consultant (Govern) at iManage
What You’ll Be Working On
We’re growing! We’re looking for Sr. Technical Consultants to join the Security and Information Governance team here in Chicago. Our iManage Security and Information Governance (SIG) practice works with customers to deploy solutions which provide compliance with corporate governance and regulatory frameworks.
In addition to traditional Records Management, our SIG team works with emergent technologies on data security involving the implementation of ethical walls, and behavioral analytics. This is an opportunity to be a member of a small, dynamic and specialized delivery team within our Professional Services organization.
Our Sr. Technical Consultants are responsible for the technical design and deployment of our Security and Information Governance products, including installation, configuration, integration into upstream and downstream systems, as well as the migration of data from third party systems. Our Consultants are expected to provide technical leadership and mentoring to other staff and to work collaboratively with other iManage engineering and delivery teams on continuous improvement of technology and process. As a Consultant, you will become a subject matter expert in our iManage product suite.
As migration forms an essential part of most deployments, this role requires an understanding of ETL, Transact-SQL programming, data cleansing and migration process and tooling. Demonstrable experience in complex data migration projects would be a distinct advantage.
- Preparing and running technical design workshops including the creation of design specifications based on out-of-the-box functionality and customer requirements
- Installation and configuration of Security and Information Governance solutions including integration into upstream and downstream systems using technologies such as SQL, XML, HTML, LDAP and Python
- Design and implementation of migration strategies and tooling including complex SQL scripting, data cleansing and migration validation
- Identification and resolution of technical problems requiring strong diagnostic and analytical thinking
- Continuous improvement of deployment tools and methodologies
- Mentoring of other technical staff
- Provide feedback on product usage, features requested at customer sites to R&D so as to influence future roadmap direction
We’re looking for individuals that are hungry to learn and will be bring their genius to the team. To break it down a further, see below:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related field with 5+ years hands-on experience in software consulting
- Experience with the delivery of Security and Information Governance solutions ideally within legal, professional services, financial services industries would be a HUGE advantage
- Knowledge of enterprise system deployment and/or experience working with ECM software
- You will use your client-facing skills to lead design sessions with C-level leadership, understand business and product usability, influence outcomes to align with product best practices, and prioritize user and functional requirements
- Use your technical prowess (SQL programming, Microsoft Server software, database concepts, virtual desktop, Citrix technologies) to deploy our software
- Team player who will build trusting relationships with customers and colleagues
Travel for this role will be limited (20%) and based on client needs.
iManage transforms how professionals in legal, accounting and financial services get work done by combining the power of artificial intelligence, security and risk mitigation with market leading content and email management. iManage automates routine cognitive tasks, provides powerful insights and streamlines how professionals work, while maintaining the highest level of security and governance over critical client and corporate data. Over one million professionals at over 3,000 organizations over 65 countries – including more than 2,000 law firms and 500 corporate legal departments – rely on iManage to deliver great client work.