Senior Technical Program Manager, Platform and Infrastructure at Braintree
Braintree lets you move money from one place to another safely and securely. Every time you pay for an Uber ride, book a stay through Airbnb, or pay with PayPal when you check out online, you’re probably using our product. It sounds complex (and it is), but we make it so simple you can’t tell we’re there.
We solve world-scale problems and provide opportunities to match. We build diverse teams that recognize our strengths and allow us to work on our weaknesses. You bring skills and a relentless focus on the customer, and we'll provide the support you need to do the best work of your life.
Check us out: GitHub | Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | The Muse | Glassdoor
We are team based...
We work in an open team room; no cubicles or private offices. Communication is key to our process, and we don't want to hinder it with walls. We work directly with coworkers as well as merchants to triage, design, and solve the business's technical challenges. The key to our strong team is transparency and responsibility.
We are agile...
For us, the most important part of being Agile is doing what works best for the team. We work off a story card wall and release weekly. We keep the team in sync with daily stand-ups and have a retrospective to discuss things that are going well and opportunities for improvements. We regularly communicate with our stakeholders and partner teams to get immediate feedback. We value diverse opinions and we do what's right for the product and the team.
As Sr. Technical Program Manager, Platform and Infrastructure with Braintree, you will set a big-picture vision for and evolve the platform our SaaS product is built on top of. You will bring to bear your rare blend of business and technical savvy to lead the development of the platform. You will utilize your keen eye for detail, the courage to dive into key strategic initiatives, and the dedication to seeing things through to make your products a reality.
Had you been with us in the last month, you would have...
- Engaged with Product Engineering teams to understand their platform needs and strategic plans
- Refined the roadmap for multiple platform components based on guidance from partners and key developers
- Made tough priority calls and trade-offs balancing available time, talent and critical business needs
- Given development teams the context they need to successfully build the improvements and extensions to the platform from the roadmap
- Kept your finger on the pulse of the organization's initiatives through regular check-ins.
- Created platform delivery views and how this maps to business goals
- Written plans, specifications and documentation that are clear, concise, and meaningful to your teams and your customers
- Interacted with engineers and platform leads to evangelize our platform features
- Helped improve our development process by attending a retrospective
- Drove learning and accountability through reviewing and publishing metrics
- Researched and analyzed opportunities to improve the platform to empower teams to ship their apps and services
- Read a direct message on Slack from a satisfied engineer about a feature that you put into the platform
- Learned something new about developer tools, Kubernetes, CI/CD, pair programming, or highly available database technologies
- Open dev days: every two weeks we spend a day working on projects that interest us and help us expand our skills and knowledge
- Participation in the technology community: we help cover travel and attendance costs for conferences, and we offer opportunities and tools for speaking.
- Check out our Careers page for more company perks.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply. You can also check out our FAQ!