Senior Technical Program Manager- Security
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 20+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 125,000 restaurants in 2,400 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
About the Opportunity:
We’re looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager to oversee the execution of large, complex projects across multiple teams, functions, and departments. This highly-visible role is on the Security Engineering team within the Technology Organization, and you will work with Information Security, Technology and Product teams. You will analyze and work with stakeholders to drive needs for security, stability, and compliance (PCI, SOX, CCPA, GDPR) etc. through technical knowledge, project management techniques, and by devising short term and long-term strategies for expanding and enhancing Grubhub’s Security Program.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Lead projects through the definitional stages, working to ensure that we’re working to solve the right problem and have clearly articulated problem statements and goals identified. Own accountability for the ultimate execution of the project, working cross-functionally to ensure that the solution that is built delivers against the defined problem and goals.
- Delivering on rigorous, quantifiable business objectives in a matrixed, flat organization.
- Translate business objectives into execution strategy (tactical and strategic), lead and successfully execute the strategy through strong collaboration and agile leadership.
- Develop strong partnerships with business and functional leaders to drive focus on strategic program business objectives and optimize program throughput.
- Communicate clearly and effectively to executive leadership and stakeholders on the plans, status and critical issues. Escalate urgent issues appropriately and driving them to closure in a timely manner.
- Prepare and present regular status updates for the initiative, including roadmaps, project timelines, and action plans.
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. computer science, engineering), 6+ years of relevant work experience in software development in technical leadership, product management, program management, or similar roles within an Agile environment.
- Strong technical background with experience in managing technical programs, products, or platforms. Background in information security is a big plus.
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects related to software or any digital product or service.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving outcomes in a fast paced matrix environment; the history of successfully delivering large scale projects in high-quality, managing the entire life-cycle.
- Excellent problem solving skills, track record of improving metrics.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive action.
- Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with stakeholders, driving to consensus while maintaining a clear focus on overarching security priorities.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically; equally comfortable with long term planning and day to day progress tracking and execution.
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating and communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options, and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.