Senior Technical Project Manager
Kenna Security is revolutionizing cyber risk with a SaaS-based platform that uses data science to combine vulnerability data with exploit intelligence to measure risk, predict attacks and prioritize remediation. We are leading the way in helping Enterprises to reduce their risk while increasing their efficiency and preventing attacks.
We’re looking to hire an experienced technical project manager to help us start and ramp up formal technical project management within our engineering department. This person needs to be technical, hands-on, and passionate about executing company-wide engineering initiatives. The role will require working directly with engineering leadership to define and continuously improve process to increase the effectiveness of our exceptionally talented engineering department.
Our team is built on trust, accountability and transparency. We sometimes ask a lot from our employees, but always reciprocate back with the same flexibility they give us.
We’re small enough that every employee receives a healthy amount of equity and the chance to have a significant impact on technical process and company culture, but large enough that we’ve established product-market fit, so our engineers can focus their energy on scaling our platform to keep up with the growth of the business.
This position is an opportunity for an experienced technical project manager to define and take ownership of a new discipline in the company, help grow out a team over time, and make a huge impact to the success of a growing business.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Translate high-level organizational initiatives to a series of executable projects the department is aligned around, and drive projects to completion.
- Responsible for aligning with stakeholders on how to manage dependencies, setting timelines and ensuring work progresses, while clearly communicating progress and risks to project stakeholders.
- Maintain urgency and enthusiasm by ensuring there is strong collaboration within multiple parts of the organization who may have competing priorities.
- Regularly assess risks and opportunities for improvements to our product development process.; understand best practices, drive for process improvements, and find new ways of operating, with a focus on simplification and productivity.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Proven track record of managing large-scale complex technical roll-outs for large scale cloud-hosted web applications.
- Demonstrated ability to take high level project requirements, crisply frame organizational and technical challenges, identify a path forward, and drive the project to completion.
- Self-motivated, proactive and proven ability to adapt well and work with teams having different operating processes and cadences.
- Experience defining consistent, cross-team processes that facilitate project visibility, planning, and tracking across multiple teams.
- Detail-oriented and able to use your technical expertise and problem solving abilities to prioritize and manage dependencies.
- Strong ability to communicate with various groups, both within and outside of the engineering department.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Read Full Job Description