SERVICE DELIVERY MANAGER, GUEST SERVICES
Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
The Service Delivery Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of corporate guest services teams; developing and empowering team members, creating and enforcing procedures and policies, and executing initiatives. They will leverage their expertise of leading customer service teams in a contact center environment to implement effective service strategies. The Service Delivery Manager is responsible for hiring, teaching, and leading a diverse team that directly interfaces with our external guests, store associates, and our executive team to engage with guests and resolve inquiries accurately and timely. They will capture the voice of the guest, drive process improvements, and to build relationships with business partners and stakeholders to improve the guest experience in our omni-channel retail environment. The Service Delivery Manager and their team will enable the success of our contact center vendors’ front-line agents in achieving department goals. The team is currently comprised of Social Media Representatives and their leader, Guest Service Advocates (tier-3 support), a Training Specialist, and a Knowledge Base Content Specialist. They will work collaboratively and cross-functionally with their peers and department leaders across the business to identify service opportunities, collect facts and data to present suggested improvements, and bring those improvements to life via content creation, communication plans, and motivating and inspiring the team to deliver best-in-class guest service. The Service Delivery Manager is responsible for presenting Guest Services results and improvement plans to executive levels of leadership.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Responsible for overseeing and directing all aspects of our corporate Guest Services teams including policies, objectives, and initiatives, in a 24x7x365 operation.
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage Guest Services corporate teams to ensuring proper planning, staffing, and operational functions as it relates current and new communication channels (e.g. voice, email, chat, social media, and executive escalations).
- Review all operations performance daily to ensure optimal service levels, customer satisfaction, quality, staffing, budget, and KPIs are consistently met and diagnose emerging trends.
- Maintain and develop pertinent operational statistics, financial management information, and results reporting.
- Manages, supervises, and coaches a team of Guest Services Advocates, Social Media, and Training & Quality. Measures individual and team performance and provides leadership development to achieve high productivity and guest satisfaction.
- Manage and evolve an effective training program, staff development and career-pathing plans, and employee recognition programs that result in a highly engaged staff and an achievement of department goals.
- Acts as company subject matter expert for all aspects related to the corporate Guest Services operations and the service provided by our contact center vendor teams.
- Support business development initiatives to ensure corporate departments and contact center vendors are prepared in advance.
- Support the contact center ramp-up process and holiday season planning to deliver operational excellence.
- Ensure Ulta Beauty culture and values are upheld with a highly supportive, empowering, professional, inclusive approach to leading the corporate Guest Services team.
- Keeps ahead of industry developments and applies best practices to areas of improvement
- Maintains a working knowledge of company systems, processes and policies, with an effectiveness to serve guest inquiries first-hand across all contact channels.
- Act as a cross-functional liaison to follow up internally on escalated or unresolved issues.
- Participate in monthly and quarterly reviews concerning corporate Guest Services and contact center vendor performance, results to targets, and upcoming events.
- Builds and maintains relationships to work collaboratively with key roles on the Guest Services team; the Vendor Manager, Program Manager, Workforce Manager, and Insights Analyst to actively prioritize and balance workload, show reliability, a high quality of work and performance ownership.
- Meet with each team member individually on a regular basis and maintain an open-door policy to encourage and solicit feedback, followed by taking action to make improvements that allow people to do their best work.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the customer service contact center industry with at least 2 years in a management capacity
- A 4-year college degree in a related area of study
- Must have experience with budgets, managing to a budget as well as reading and understanding statistics
- Must have a background in people and process management
- Must have experience maintaining and developing operational statistics and results reporting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work under time constraints and meet deadlines
- Ability to implement change and innovation
- Ability to communicate & influence at various levels within the organization
- Strong sense of ownership and pride in professional deliverables
- Wants to be part of an entrepreneurial, high-energy, and fun culture
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Outlook, incident management systems, LMS systems, and quality monitoring systems.
- Working knowledge of contact center telephony, routing, scheduling, and IVR systems
- Adaptability to learn a variety of software programs
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently with minimal supervision
- Professional, fast-paced, collaborative team atmosphere
- Travel expectations 10% – 20%
- 24x7x365 operation may require on-premises or remote work on the weekends, evenings, and holidays
- The position is located at our headquarters in Bolingbrook, IL