Social Science Project Coordinator
About the Company
Civis Analytics helps businesses use data to gain a competitive advantage in how they identify, attract, and engage loyal customers and employees. With a powerful combination of best-in-class data, cutting-edge software solutions, and an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis works with Fortune 500 companies and the country’s largest nonprofits to make data-driven decision-making essential to how the world’s best companies do business.
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
About the Role
Excellence in social science research is a backbone of Civis Analytics. Our work includes observational studies, field experiment, digital attribution experiment, niche audience custom recruitment, and international survey research.
Because our practice is dynamic and continually evolving, Civis Analytics is now looking for a qualified individual to fill the position of Social Science Project Coordinator who will spearhead subsequent efforts. The Social Science Research Coordinator will report to the Principal Survey Scientist.
- Be the primary enabler for Civis’ in-house survey execution. The duty includes consulting on project feasibility, helping use our internal survey tools and infrastructure, estimating costs, and making recommendations.
- Maintain and disseminate best practices as we continue to innovate with survey methodology.
- Help with vendor management.
- Work with the members of the Social Science R&D team to conduct methodological research.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science such as political science, sociology, psychology, and economics
- 2 years experience in a social science, market research organization
- Must be U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident (Green Card holder)
- Excellent task and project management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Ability to triage multiple simultaneous requests
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with data analysis and data management plus (e.g., SPSS, SQL, R)