Work directly with America's best employers to bring joy to millions of employees!
Note: At PerkSpot, the safety and wellness of our employees is our top priority. To provide our employees with the support they may need to maintain their personal health and wellness, our office is open and available for those employees who are interested in using it. Our long-term goal is for PerkSpot employees to return to our Chicago office, however working remotely will be an option until everyone is comfortable, and it is 100% safe for all to return.
Hi, welcome to PerkSpot. We’re looking for an organized, deadline-oriented Software Delivery Project Manager to join our Technology team and help drive projects that will impact some of the largest employers and companies in America.
Our tech is at the forefront of what we do here at PerkSpot. As the Software Delivery Project Manager, you will help expand our platform and its operations to work at their most efficient for our valued members. Ideally, you will have experience in software development and understand how it relates to the success of the platform as a whole. We’re looking for someone experienced and dedicated to making PerkSpot’s platform the best it can be, with the technical knowledge and the drive to get it there.
PerkSpot is an employee benefits company that works with America’s top employers to offer exclusive discounts, rewards, and recognition to millions of employees. These exclusive perks and savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about the company they work for. We help employees from over 1,000 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing, our company was founded in 2006 by good people with a great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. In 2018, our company was proud to announce an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. As we continue to grow, we’re excited about our leadership position in the industry, but we’re also committed to doing more - developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. Our passion is to make every place a great place to work, starting with our own. We’re a big platform, but a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than you’d have anywhere else and invest in your success and growth more than any other employer.
Meet the Technology Team
Our Technology team is made up of Software Engineers, QA Analysts, and DevOps Engineers with one goal in mind - to keep us moving and improving. Our team works collaboratively to optimize our application, making it work as efficiently and user-friendly as possible. Because of its fast-moving, project-based structure, we allow for significant opportunities for learning, growth, and diversity of work - you’ll certainly never get bored here! Our work directly impacts the PerkSpot platform, and therefore our partners and their hardworking employees, as well.
Life as our Software Delivery Project Manager:
- Leading Agile ceremonies such as Standups, Refinement/Grooming, and Retros
- Working with Product and Engineering teams to define the product vision and roadmap; adjusting roadmap as needed to account for changes in business goals
- Collaborating with departments to understand and define the application’s functional and non-functional requirements, and how to meet these in the most efficient manner
- Splitting up large-scale programming projects into smaller stories and tasks; creating interactive tickets to track completion milestones
- Defining and prioritizing projects; assigning resources to meet deadlines, budgets, and organizational requirements
- Working with department heads and individual developers to gauge workload and engineering strengths
- Running regular team meetings to check in on statuses of ongoing projects and adjust timelines accordingly
- Presenting regular (weekly, monthly, quarterly) reports to key stakeholders and management, measuring team progress against targeted KPIs
- Owning project dashboard and progress within JIRA
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience executing successful software projects as a Project or Program Manager
- 3+ years of experience running Service and/or DevOps projects, separate from new dev initiatives
- 1+ years of experience working as a Software Engineer/Developer
- Bachelor's Degree in Project Management, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Certification in Agile Development and/or background in software development strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience in technical and business analysis; specifically in documentation, assessing project requirements, and writing configuration guides
- Proficiency in Atlassian tools: JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Understanding of Visual Studio, Git, Databases, API Services, and other tech languages
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and analytical approach to project management
- Excellent communication skills; collaborative, team-focused mindset
- Ability to work autonomously and manage your own workload
- Proven understanding of PerkSpot’s values as a whole and a willingness to work hard to achieve overall company goals
Your First Few Months
During your onboarding, you will become familiar with PerkSpot’s platform as a whole, both the Engineering and Product teams, and our standard operations, processes, and polices. Throughout your training you will explore new and ongoing projects and gradually take on their overall and day-to-day management. Once fully ramped up, you will run Agile ceremonies and be responsible for on-time project completion, through collaboration with various team members. In time, you will be at the forefront of important optimizations to grow PerkSpot and solidify it as an industry leader.
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot. We work out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. When we are in the office, we dress how we like, encourage flexible hours and an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, a generous parental leave policy, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, a private gym, and a shower on-site.
We hold weekly company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
Because we consider every member of our team to be a fundamental part of our success, we encourage everyone to be invested in our success, regardless of their position. We want every one of our employees to think like an owner, by putting in the effort to exceed expectations, solve problems before they come up, and always go the extra mile. It’s this drive to succeed that makes PerkSpot such an interactive and fulfilling place to work.
How to Apply
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (we know it is old school, but a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.