Software Program Manager 19-0664 at Relativity
- Proficient in program management and an expert in project management, software development process and related best practices. Operates at strategic or tactical levels.
- Able to run 1 to 2 programs with project management assistance. A program consists of multiple delivery goals over time in support of an over-arching business objective.
- Able to break down large initiatives into project, projects into phases, phases into technical tasks and sub-tasks to delegate to appropriate development and operations personnel
- Displays outstanding communication skills – both written and verbal – with the personality to lead negotiations between diverse stakeholders and diplomatically address conflict to drive issue resolution.
- Provide leadership, direction and integrate activities with other departments to ensure successful implementation and support. Push team to analyze issues that arise during development and proposes solutions to improve team operations, while building trusting relationships with the team.
- Facilitate project meetings, Scrum ceremony meetings, and project post mortems. Holds the team accountable to come to meetings prepared, and own action items or process improvement outcomes that result. Prioritizes stakeholder feedback appropriately.
- Generate program/project dashboards and reports to track progress, provide project team transparency, while maintaining a clear understanding of project health, and using appropriate project metrics (Agile, Kanban, Waterfall) to collect, analyze and discuss with the leadership team.
- Stay current on various project methodologies\techniques (i.e. Agile, Waterfall, Kanban), understanding best applications for each.
- Proactively mentors and regularly assists in the growth of senior project managers, and project managers. And conversely, people will seek to learn from this individual. The performance of those working with this individual will improve. Coaches individuals and teams on project management best practices.
- Pass certification for Relativity Administration within 60 days of hire.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or equivalent experience
- 2 years of program management experience and/or 5 to 7 years of project management experience
- 4 years experience managing projects/teams through the software development life cycle.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Pays close attention to detail with excellent verbal and written communications for technical and non-technical audiences
- Expert-level knowledge of project management techniques and tools within various software development methodologies ( e.g. Waterfall, SDLC, Agile)
- Project Management Institute certification (PMP or CAPM)
- Scrum Master Certification
- Knowledge of DevOps Practices & Tools
- Knowledge of Monitoring cloud applications at scale
- Familiarity with distributed systems and experience working in a SaaS environment.