Software Program Manager
- Perform proficiently in program management and as an expert in project management, software development processes and related best practices. Operate at strategic or tactical level.
- Stay current on various project methodologies\techniques (i.e. Agile, Waterfall, Kanban), understanding best applications for each.
- Run 1 to 2 programs with project management assistance. A program consists of multiple delivery goals over time in support of an over-arching business objective.
- Break down large initiatives into projects, projects into phases, phases into technical tasks and sub-tasks to delegate to appropriate development and operations personnel
- Provide leadership, direction and collaboration among departments to ensure successful implementation and support. Push the team to analyze issues that arise during development and propose solutions to improve team operations, while building trusting relationships with the team.
- Lead negotiations between diverse stakeholders and diplomatically address conflict to drive issue resolution.
- Facilitate project meetings, Scrum ceremony meetings, and project post mortems. Hold the team accountable to come to meetings prepared, and own action items or process improvement outcomes. Prioritize stakeholder feedback appropriately.
- Generate program/project dashboards and reports to track progress, provide project team transparency, while maintaining a clear understanding of project health, and using appropriate project metrics (Agile, Kanban, Waterfall) to collect, analyze and discuss with the leadership team.
- Proactively mentor and assist in the growth of senior project managers, and project managers. Coach individuals and teams on project management best practices.
- Pass the certification for Relativity Administration within 60 days of hire.
- Project Management Institute certification (PMP or CAPM)
- Scrum Master Certification
- Knowledge of DevOps Practices & Tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or equivalent
- 2 years of program management experience and/or 5 to 7 years of project management experience
- 4 years of experience managing projects or teams through the software development life cycle
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
- Pays close attention to detail with excellent verbal and written communications for technical and non-technical audiences
- Expert-level knowledge of project management techniques and tools within various software development methodologies ( e.g. Waterfall, SDLC, Agile)
- Ability to work effectively and get things done in a dynamic environment while managing multiple priorities
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, MS Project, Visio, and other agile collaboration & work tracking tools (Wiki’s, JIRA, TFS, etc)