We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
As a Software Project Manager, you are responsible for the planning, execution, and delivery of projects that span across various disciplines of Relativity's Engineering department. Your daily functions include managing between one and three projects while continually seeking to capitalize on opportunities to drive operational efficiencies and increase customer satisfaction. You will acquire a deep understanding of Relativity's systems and capabilities to provide solutions to a variety of business and technical challenges.
Our team owns the Legal Hold product, and they own and operate the Relativity One Legal Hold SaaS instance, hosted in Azure. (A legal hold is a process that an organization uses to preserve all forms of relevant information when litigation is reasonably anticipated. Custodians subject to a litigation hold must preserve all electronically stored data (ESI) that they have access to. This requires no deletion or editing of files, documents, or any other ESI that is potentially relevant to a litigation.) Relativity Legal Hold is an application that attorneys, paralegals, and corporations use to manage legal hold workflows, communications, acknowledgements, reminders, and the custodian portal within their organization. Providing a sophisticated integration that includes active monitoring of Microsoft Office 365, Relativity Legal Hold also provides "Preservation in Place" holds ensuring that relevant ESI is preserved in its original state, even if a custodian disobeys a litigation hold notice and attempts to delete or edit relevant ESI.
- Able to run 1-3 small sized projects independently. Small project = a project containing less than 4 workstreams (e.g. Dev, QA, Ops, etc) for 1 team and under 3 months with minimal dependencies and risks. The project would be focused on 1-2 delivery goals.
- Able to anticipate, identify and mitigate some small-level project risks, clarify expectations, resolve issues/conflict, and prioritize stakeholder feedback. May need assistance to resolve roadblocks not encountered before.
- Works with Engineering teams to define project scope, objectives, project plans, milestones, release schedules, and measures of success. Breaks down project phases or feature slices into stories/tasks and subsequently delegates as required.
- Provide leadership, direction and integrate activities with other departments to ensure successful implementation and support. Pushes team to analyze issues that arise during development and proposes solutions to improve team operations, while building trusting relationships with the team.
- Facilitates project meetings, Scrum ceremony meetings, and project post mortems. Holds the team accountable to come to meetings prepared, and own action items or process improvement outcomes that result.
- Generate project reports to track progress, provide project team transparency, while maintaining a clear understanding of project health, and using appropriate project metrics (Agile, Kanban, Waterfall) to collect, analyze and discuss with the leadership team. Will communicate up to Senior Leadership as required.
- Stay current on various project methodologies\techniques (i.e. Agile, Waterfall, Kanban), understanding best applications for each.
- Pass certification for Relativity Administration within 60 days of hire.
- Project Management Institute certification (PMP or CAPM)
- Scrum Master Certification
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and verbal and written communications for technical and non-technical audiences
- 3+ years of project management experience with software development projects
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or equivalent
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools within various software development methodologies ( e.g Waterfall, SDLC, Agile)
At Relativity, we live our core values and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service. We seek professionals that will bring their authentic and unique experiences to our teams.
We understand career choices are a big decision, and we thank you for considering Relativity.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.