Software Project Manager
DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
DRW is looking for a Software Project Manager to support our software development teams and become part of our dynamic organization. This is a great opportunity for a seasoned project management professional that has experience working with talented software developers on complex software and hardware projects and applying successful project management techniques. You will be an integral part of an algorithmic trading team building state-of-the-art research infrastructure and automated trading systems.
What you will do:
- Attend stand-ups and planning meetings and ensure that progress is tracked, stories are captured, and acceptance criteria is set
- Groom project backlogs and improve story quality with examples and test cases
- Coach software developers in how to best incorporate project management tools
- Create and maintain project plans, milestones, and documentation
- Facilitate retrospective meetings
- Work with internal departments and external vendors to obtain approvals and negotiate service agreements
- Maintain relationships with key IT units and software shared services teams in order to expedite software delivery
- Report on project progress and risks to management
- Perform project analytics and post trade analysis
What you will need:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years managing software projects
- Track record applying best practices for software project management
- Software development skills in Python
- Uncommon initiative and ability to effectively track multiple projects and responsibilities
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with product owners and software engineers
- Familiarity with PMI Body of Knowledge desired; PMP certification a plus
- Previous experience working in fast-paced, dynamic environments
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.