Solution Specialist, Compliance & Payroll at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
We support clients with agile and compliant payroll engagement programs both domestically and internationally. This service creates opportunities for companies both large and small to compliantly engage their contingent workforce and scale with ease. This position is located in our Chicago office.Team Guiding Principles:
- Care - With all our actions, we never lose sight of the people we serve and their individual ambitions and needs. We support those operating within our programs in an uncommon manner.
- Responsiveness - In all that we do, we do so with urgency and correctness.
- Purpose - Providing programmatic vision to launch compliant architecture to enable opportunity for Freelancers across the globe.
- Scalability - Providing solutions and architecture to sustainably grow as the business scales.
- Integrity - Pursuing greatness in our behavior and actions executed within the framework of policy, law and by agreed SLA’s.
- Present international quotes to clients after collecting assignment details and requesting quotes from iWorkglobal.
- Answer email and form inquiries regarding domestic/international opportunities. Set up educational/explanatory calls with clients as necessary.
- Keep all marketing collateral up to date.
- Collaborate with iWorkglobal to assist in the on-boarding and off-boarding efforts of workers.
- Stay abreast to iWorkglobal updates (3 calls/wk) and disseminate them as the need arises to compliance partners and TIP partners.
- Provide support to the sales team in regards to the Upwork Payroll Solution.
- A history showing personal initiative, self-improvement and display confidence in the tasks at hand.
- Showcase excellent negotiation skills and a consultative approach to identifying problems and solution finding.
- You model the mission and values of Upwork and support customers in an ethical manner that both enables the people and maximizes revenue.
- Own and grow Upwork’s relationship with customer accounts of all sizes.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and creativity that sparks your capacity for building and growing business - we love seeing those side projects and design experiments
- Possess experience in understanding and applying complex labor law.
- Present a never ending zest for continual learning and process improvement.
- Collaborate with all team members through partnership, documentation, and sharing of standard methodologies.
- Strong focus on the customer and the business, coupled with a burning desire to learn, respond to feedback and grow. We’re looking for people who thrive on learning new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions.
- Desire to work in a dynamic environment and lead priorities across multiple simultaneous projects
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. Whether you’re working from our offices in San Francisco, Santa Clara, and Chicago or are part of our globally distributed team, we’re working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. Our vibrant culture is built on a common mission and shared values. As we create economic opportunities so that people have better lives, our employees build amazing teams, put our community first and have a bias towards action. We encourage team Upwork to bring their whole selves to work through learning and development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. All that and amazing benefits too? We’ve got you covered (especially with our company favorite, Work Online Wednesdays). Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.