SMS Assist Summary
At SMS Assist, we’re not just in the business of fixing properties—we’re fixing an entire industry. Typically, facilities maintenance is tough work—both in the nature of the job (plumbing, HVAC, snow removal) and the lack of clarity throughout the experience. We decided a better way wasn’t only possible, but essential. Through our award-winning technology platform, built and powered by SMSers, we connect local contractors to our customers and help manage an experience that surpasses expectations.
Recognized on Forbes’ Cloud 100 list, Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, Chicago Crain’s Top Tech Employers, and more, SMS Assist manages more than 186,000 properties where people live and work. Our customers’ livelihoods are in our hands—think a restaurant manager whose only fryer goes down on a busy Friday night or a family in Florida without power after a hurricane. We work across the industries that make up your community, including retail, food service, banking, residential, and more, and we help them find the right provider in our network (we call them Affiliates) in more than 45 trades.
We’re innovators, disruptors, and out-of-the-box thinkers. We set each other up for success in the office and for the perfect spike on the volleyball court during an intramural game. We’re community volunteers, karaoke partners, and lifelong friends. We’re passionate about the people we serve, and we give our all because we care. We want to make every property better, and we want your help to make it happen.
The Special Projects Coordinator plays a key role in our business by managing issues that becoming multi-step projects requiring scheduling and coordination of vendors, client coordination and communication, and client acceptable reporting. This role acts as the primary point of contact for a project event, and is responsible for driving reliable, timely project coordination in both planned and unplanned instances. May require guidance.
- Coordinate assigned both planned and unplanned maintenance, disaster relief, and environmental health & safety projects by creating and managing scope, and monitoring vendor performance to ensure successful and timely completion
- Maintain detailed knowledge of projects for corporate reporting, and both internal and client communication
- Serve as primary communication to client stakeholders regarding projects telephonically, electronically, and in person to ensure the highest level of client satisfaction
- Build and grow a regional project vendor base to provide project services
- Partner with internal team members to onboard new vendors and monitor vendor scoring
- Partner with operations teams to ensure strong communication and issue resolution
- Prevent and/or resolve escalated vendor and client issues with proactive relationship management to ensure exceptional customer experiences
- Ensure quality control of vendor relationships and processes; investigate complaints and guarantee highest levels of customer service
- Understand client objectives, challenges and needs through clear communication with both the corporate team and regional clients
- Foster a positive team environment
- Ensure confidentiality of internal and external data
- Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
These are the professional skills we would expect from an individual fully established in this role.
- Customer Service - Proficient
- Verbal Communication - Proficient
- Written Communication - Proficient
- Teamwork - Advanced
- Relationships - Proficient
- Negotiation - Proficient
- Organizational Awareness - Proficient
- Learning Agility - Advanced
- Analysis - Advanced
- Problem Solving - Advanced
- Process Orientation - Advanced
- Prioritization- Advanced
Role Specific Skills
- Ability to dissect full projects into individual components so as to ensure prioritization and timely completion
- Computer Skills: Intermediate proficiencies in: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 or more years business experience required
- Project management experience required
Other Relevant Qualifications
- Experience in facilities management, maintenance management, or building engineering, maintenance trades, or related fields a plus
- Vendor management experience preferred