Nordstrom Data and Analytical Services Team is seeking a Sr 2 Technical Program Management to complement our exciting event-driven analytical platform hosting Customer, Product, Inventory data planes. Data touches every aspect of our business and thus data standards and policies have the potential to impact across a wide swath of the company. As a Sr Technical Program Manager, you will lead Data Standards & Policies Community of Interest
A day in the life…
Extend and collaborate beyond engineering, Product management, Analysts, Data Science
Work across application & data engineering teams on definition of data objects
Ensure all aspects of Data standards and policies are implemented across data planes
Responsible for managing the definitions of enterprise business terminology & KPI’s
Define ownership & access roles across data object across their lifecycle stages
Own the rollout and management of standards/reviews for Data standards and Policies
Set-up community for advocacy, standards review and issue resolution for data objects
Possess strong sense of ownership, pride and accountability. Understand the relationship between technology and business, and how technology enables core capabilities and business unlocks
Implement/ enhance scrum ceremonies and empower teams to embrace. Resolve issues with an eye toward continuous improvement.
Demonstrate track record of using data and defining KPIs to measure success from both a business and technology perspective
Actively manage capability/program using data to drive decisions, lead change and progress within broader team
Possess strong level knowledge of technology (e.g. Cloud, real time event streaming, database etc.) and use engineering life cycle knowledge and prior experience to make sound and informed decisions.
You own this if you have…
· A 4-year degree in Computer Science or related field preferred or equivalent experience
· 8 + years of Program Management experience
· 6+ years demonstrated successful program delivery
· Extensive experience managing stakeholder relationships
· VP-level communication and expertise practices in knowledge sharing
How we work
- With others. We have remote collaboration tools where our teams work together collectively to build out technical solutions.
- With transparency. We encourage open dialog and discourse. We don’t encourage silos.
- With agility. We don’t believe in following a process for process’s sake. We ship frequently and focus on delivering incremental value.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2020 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.