Sr. Associate, BT Risk & Compliance
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Business Technology Risk and Compliance (BT Risk) is hiring a Lead/Senior Risk and Controls Analyst to assist in the execution of technology risk management projects. The successful candidate for this position should possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to work with all levels of management. The candidate should also possess the ability to multi-task and lead multiple projects with tight deadlines.
The Lead Risk Analyst will assist in managing risks and internal controls for the entire BT organization. This position is responsible for helping ensure projects associated with the development, enhancement, maintenance and/or enforcement of IT policies, standards related to policies, procedures and controls are thoroughly planned, properly executed, adequately monitored and accurately reported.
- Lead technology risk and compliance projects and act as a liaison for the IT department.
- Gain and demonstrate a good understanding of the DFS technology environment and how it supports the business.
- Act as the custodian of IT policies, procedures, standards and controls.
- Assist in the evaluation, or test facilitation, of key technology risks and controls.
- Utilize various IT frameworks (COBIT5, ITIL, etc), guidelines and best practices to evaluate and make practical recommendations on IT policies, procedures, standards and controls.
- Communicate observations and recommendations, and facilitate or advise on the development of action plans.
- Build and maintain strong internal and external relationships that foster collaboration.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the Financial Services Industry and IT developments.
- Participate as a compliance representative, as needed, for special projects within the Department.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems Administration or an alternative technology related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of IT, Project Management, Internal Audit, and/or Consulting experience
- Knowledge of business risks related to IT general controls (change management, logical security and computer operations)
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to synthesize detailed information and summarize findings succinctly
- Polished and precise communication; ability to articulate clearly and write in an accurate, brief and concise manner
- Ability to execute with minimal supervision and deliver high quality outputs/results
- Certification in CISA, CRISC, CIA, CGIET or CISSP a plus Previous, or current Lean Six Sigma a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.