Sr. Associate, Project Manager
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
This role requires skills and knowledge of both, a Scrum Master and a Project Manager. This team member is responsible for delivering projects in Agile and Waterfall frameworks. The Project Manager from Enterprise Data Ops is required to understand and be involved in all aspects the team handles for any of our various partners.
Project Manager role
The Project Manager role is responsible for leading project management activities across all aspects of the application development life-cycle and vendor software integration. The position requires a skilled project manager who will initiate and drive projects from planning to implementation. Projects typically involve the engagement of resources across multiple departments. The individual will direct natural work groups and ensure project objectives, goals and requirements are delivered according to stakeholder expectations. Responsibilities also include the creation of project plans tracking inter-dependencies, milestones, risks, contingency plans, and project resources. The project manager is responsible to provide project status reporting and other formal/informal communications for a variety of audiences including business, BT, and senior management.
Scrum Master Role
The Scrum Master role is responsible for implementation of prioritized business use cases via agile Sprints within the high-visible Advanced Analytics program. He/she will oversees multiple high-priority projects, which often require high levels of functional integration and cross-functional resources. These projects are on the radar of upper management and the expectation is that this level would be able to communicate the status of the project at any point in time. The sprints will deliver functionality for multiple business areas including Risk, Compliance, and Corporate Security among others.
- Facilitate user story sizing and estimation workshops
- Facilitate release and sprint planning
- Facilitation of daily standups, sprint review and demos
- Strong communication, leadership and relationship building
- Model, promote and encourage Agile values, best practices, processes and behaviors
- Protect the team from outside interruptions
- Help remove barriers for the team
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Requires a Bachelors Degree (or equivalent)
- 3+ years software development project manager experience
- Experience with SDLC (both Waterfall and Agile hands on experience)
- Agile mentoring and coaching
- Experience using Rally
- Scaled Agile Framework
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including managing client expectations, communicating issues, risks, and opportunities, and articulating a clear vision of project success
- 3 years Scrum Master experience in a large organization
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.