Sr Category Merchandising Manager at FTD
Senior Category Merchandising Manager
FTD Companies, we continually evolve the business by promoting a culture where solutions from the technology group help transform our business through customer-meaningful solutions, innovative technologies, and business-impacting projects.
The Sr Category Merchandising Manager works closely with our merchandising team to reinvent the customer experience. You will need to be efficient, agile, and able to manage and be creative with flowers, design, and technology. The Right person for this job has organizational skills and is a problem solver. Confidence and drive are essential for this role as you drive your category and roll up your sleeves while working with various FTD Corporate teams.
- Drive category growth including profit margin and sales through product assortment, pricing, planning and inventory management, and site merchandising strategies
- You get to elevate the customer journey from a product perspective, including new product development, packaging, and sourcing
- You define and plan inspiring seasonal and everyday assortment, inspired by consumer insights and leading market trends
- You'll lead new products from concept to commercialization, including ideation, sourcing, design, and development
- You evaluate weekly, monthly, quarterly and seasonal business performance and identify near and long term opportunities to further maximize category metrics.
- You partner with demand planning to forecast accurately and respond to weekly sales trends
- Implement dynamic pricing and on-site merchandising decisions daily, incorporating real-time sales, conversion and inventory metrics
- Establish and build strong vendor relationships to optimize for total quality and innovation while improving speed to market, sourcing and cost efficiencies
- Monitor customer feedback to find opportunities to enhance the overall customer and product experience
- Partner with sourcing, quality, customer service and external vendors to ensure excellence in product quality and customer experience
- Influence on-site merchandising, marketing and PR to define and launch compelling launch campaigns, driving awareness, traffic, and conversion
- Contribute to the development of high-performance merchandising function by standing up new internal processes within merchandising and across supporting cross-functional teams
- Coach, develop and motivate a team of direct and indirect reports
- Identify new opportunities to innovate within a culture of complete transformation
We are looking for the right fit with 7+ years merchandising experience within a dynamic retail environment and five years or more owning a category. A Bachelor degree is required. We need you to have sharp business insight with a consistent track record of sales and profit growth. Additionally, can flex seamlessly between analytical and creative thinking.
- We look for a real passion for product innovation and development.
- You'll need leadership experience to help manage your team and lead projects.
- Are you able to identify leading-edge trends and translate into a commercial product?
- Do you challenge the norm and rival the speed of sound with efficiency and zeal? Having a can-do attitude is excellent, but will you get things done?
- Do you have an E-Commerce or startup experience?
What we offer:
A great Senior Category Merchandising Manager opportunity to be a part of a team that builds and evolves high performance, scalable order processing systems handling large transactional volumes. We encourage and welcome out of the box ideas in all areas like artificial intelligence, data processing, and information retrieval, voice capabilities, automation, computer vision, and other ideas welcome. We genuinely enjoy all the benefits of working for a digital E-Commerce Company (flexible hours, a healthy vacation plan, summer hours) in a relaxed work environment.
We firmly embrace the definition of a "flat" organization where you will spend time with business leaders, managers, developers, product management and executive leadership. There are job opportunities, and then there are career opportunities... Let us provide you with a career where you look forward to Mondays. Careers that have a positive impact and offer you a future as we change, grow, expand and explore new and exciting experiences for our global customer base.