Sr. Governance Analyst
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Business Technology Risk and Compliance (BT Risk) is hiring a Senior Governance Analyst to assist in the execution of technology risk management projects. This position is responsible for helping ensure projects associated with the development, enhancement, maintenance or enforcement of IT policies, standards related to policies, procedures and controls are relevant and reasonable to their respective areas, and to make suggestions for improvement, as needed.
The successful candidate for this position should possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to work with all levels of management. The candidate should also possess the ability to manage multiple, concurrent, tasks and priorities, some with tight deadlines.
- Gain and demonstrate a good understanding of the DFS technology environment and how it supports the business.
- Monitor BT policies and standards. Analyze and report on issues within policies and standards, rationalize and recommend changes.
- Utilize various IT frameworks (COBIT 5, ITIL, etc.), guidelines and best practices to evaluate and make practical recommendations on IT policies, procedures, standards and controls.
- Provide governance reviews on internal controls and procedures as requested.
- Build and maintain strong internal and external relationships that foster collaboration.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the Financial Services Industry and IT developments.
- Participate as a compliance representative, as needed, for special projects within the Department.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Business Management
- 5+ years related experience in process analysis, audit (internal or external), or management consulting
- Strong written communication skills
- Familiarity with internal control environments and their related policies and standards as related to information technology. Knowledge of Archer GRC helpful, knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.