Sr. IT Project Manager
The hired candidate will be responsible for acting in the capacity of a senior IT project manager in support of the IT Department. The role will work with senior leadership, scrum teams, development leads and business leads. The position is located in downtown Chicago.
Specific tasks include the following:
- Collaborate with IT leadership and project leads (IT and/or Business) to create overarching roadmaps, project charters, business cases, communication and organizational change management plan.
- Leads large complex projects with overall responsibility for successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling, status reporting and closure of a project or program.
- Drives activities to achieve measurable outcomes by managing schedule, resource, scope, budget, risk, issue, dependency, and vendor relationship.
- Provides the necessary support to the delivery team on risk, issue management, with timely support and escalation.
- Provides timely updates to the IT PMO and Stakeholders by producing regular status reports and steering committee governance updates.
- Support IT PMO process framework, governance standards and audit controls
Utilize project management (Waterfall and Agile) methodology and principles, and champion the culture change.
- PMP certification, scrum certification and/or other project management certification is a preferred.
- Ability to see big picture and translate the vision into manageable projects and tasks with proper prioritization.
- Experience in estimation, project plan creation, organizing business requirements, managing schedules, change management and associated project materials
Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, ability to clearly and concisely communicate information to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to drive meetings independently with strong ability to build cross-functional relationships to coordinate dependencies and existing complex processes to deliver on commitments.
- Excellent listening skills with dynamic ability to resolve complex issues in an environment of rapid change positively and professionally; ability to ask penetrating questions, detect unstated assumptions and resolve conflicts.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to balance and effectively prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-directed; able to identify and set priorities with minimal guidance.
- Team player with ability to coach teams to resolve conflict, remove impediments and meet output targets.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge in Project Management (Waterfall and Agile) and SDLC processes.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.