Sr Mainframe Solution Architect
The Senior Solution Architect works across other Solution architects for that client to oversee end-to-end solution or component design and implementation technical oversight through to transition into Production.
The Senior Solution Architect would also support new business opportunities including pre-sales support, architecture and design support for that client:
• Leads implementation of Ensono solutions and/or manages complex change that significantly impacts an existing solution.
• Ensures individualized solution incorporates clients’ and Ensono’s overall business strategy and technical vision.
• Technical lead in all solution communications with client and overseeing its progress throughout the implementation phase.
For existing clients:
• Activities are focused on client consulting for proposed changes, process improvements, issues or research of client data inquiries.
• An associate in this role is functioning independently as the technical Subject Matter Expert for the end to end solution and providing direction to other Solution Architects to complete the work.
• They are expected to coordinate technical aspects of changes, issues and research in a self-directed manner.
• They are expected to provide solution consulting for the client and create and maintain a solution roadmap for future enhancements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assigned to projects for an existing Ensono customer or a new logo OR assigned to existing Ensono customer requiring on-going solution consulting for customer solution enhancements management.
- Responsible for cross-solution or cross-component impact assessment in the implementation of Ensono solutions or solution enhancements for assigned Client with emphasis on solution design and business requirements. Ensures overall solution requirements and design incorporates Ensono and client’s overall solution vision.
- Responsible for overall solution integrity of large and complex solutions, providing direction to other Solution Architects on technology and design choices.
- Engages in project communications with client using a consultative approach. Anticipates obstacles and recommends solution options as it relates to the solution. Focuses on client value and satisfaction while balancing corporate objectives, feasibility and scalability of solution.
- Gathers stakeholder requirements and transforms the information into a logical process flow. Researches possible approaches, evaluates cost, portability, compatibility and usability then engages in most efficient solution method for the changes/solution. Ensures the solution design fulfills functional and technical requirements. Accountable for the accuracy, process, integrity, quality and stewardship of client solution architecture.
- Maintain and enhance the roadmap for the client solution and maintains that solution roadmap with technical changes and direction including Ensono standard components as often as possible.
- Provide direction with technical and business stakeholder requirements and overall project plan as it relates to the solution. Provide input into risk mitigation assessment. Ensures data solution design fulfills functional and technical requirements and can consistently meet progress against service level agreements (SLAs.) Monitors solution enhancement/implementation progress in order to stay abreast of possible issues and future challenges.
- Maintains subject matter expertise in Ensono and industry technologies, verticals and lines of business in order to help align client business needs to products, solutions and services offered. Documents and shares best practices and case studies.
- Define and adhere to Ensono solution standards, estimates, processes, policies and procedures. Utilizes standard methodologies to promote consistency and drives adherence to standards within designated teams. Familiar with other department’s methodologies including project management and development methodologies.
- Identifies areas of process improvement that drive profit enhancement and client value and instill that mindset while contributing through others.
- Consults, advises and educates management, affected teams and clients through communications at the appropriate technical granularity. Shares best practices and incorporates lessons learned into estimates, standards and protocols.
- Developing internal relationships with product teams to provide feedback to the appropriate lines of business or product team to ensure Ensono produces and/or enhances products that can meet the ever changing business needs of our clients.
- Keeps informed and evaluates the latest Ensono and industry news, trends, products, services, competitors and relevant existing and emerging technologies.
- Have a strong understanding of pre-sales process focusing on scoping and estimation and be able to lead scoping and estimation efforts for new projects for existing account/new logo.
KNOWLEDGE / COMPETENCIES:
- Develops, maintains and demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of clients’ and Ensono’s technical and business environments within entire end to end solution.
- Deep knowledge of Ensono Delivery Methodology Design, Project management and Change Management procedures
- Strong understanding of Ensono organization structure and culture, the Ensono Delivery Methodology and typical Delivery Tools. The associate also needs to have a deep understanding of the core Ensono products, services, and solutions along with the Solution Center Framework.
- Perform design creation, elicitation, and planning
- Ability to exhibit and demonstrate leadership as well as contributing through others on major projects
- The associate is expected to be fully functional and self-directed on complex solutions
- The associate is expected to be able to interface with high-level client stakeholders and communicate effectively. Recognizing that each group demands a different level of communication / presentation skills.
- Provide technical leadership to the team including any role(s) required to deliver solution enhancement, modifications, issues management or research for clients.
- Demonstrate the ability to take detailed, highly technical concepts and present to client in a high-level non-technical fashion. Be able to effectively communicate the business benefits of a technical solution. Can be done in conjunction with Ensono account management team.
This position does not have direct reports but may mentor less experienced associates in the role.
Specific hiring needs may vary by location, industry, client, internal department and other business related factors. The qualifications section lists examples that may be used as guidance when populating required and preferred skills sections of recruiting requisitions / job postings.
- Minimum 6 years experience in technical roles and minimum 3 years experience in architect roles
- Minimum 6 years experience with database marketing, direct marketing or interactive marketing environments
- Minimum 5 years experience working in an external client facing environment
- Minimum 5 years experience with change management procedures
- Minimum 6 years of Ensono experience
Primary Location City/State:
Downers Grove, IL - Finley, Illinois
Additional Locations (if applicable):
Ensono is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Ensono provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.