Sr. Manager, Agile Transformation Coach at McDonald's Technology
McDonald’s Corporation is on a transformational journey to understand and adapt to market disruptors. On this journey, we will be demonstrating Lean/Agile methodologies to shape and deliver business and technology capabilities. We are searching for an Agile Leader who is eager to take part in cultivating an environment where visibility, speed, quality, and innovation are at the forefront. The Agile Coach is a key member of the Agile Transformation Office who will assist the organization with launching, stabilizing and optimizing program level and portfolio level teams while accepting and promoting Scaled Agile Framework and Lean Principles and Practices.
· Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred. 7 years of project management, Agile or technical leadership experience, leading large, complex deliveries
· Minimum 5 years knowledge and experience applying Agile practices and principles including scaled agile, Scrum and/or Kanban including demonstrated ability to inspect and adapt Agile practices to various situations Preference will be given to applicants who have launched, stabilized and optimized at the Scaled Agile Portfolio level
· Proficiency in written, verbal and listening communication including strong presentation and facilitation skills
· Demonstrated ability to lead through change, advocate for and influence lean agile transition
· Confirmed team player with the ability to work reciprocally with a variety of stakeholders from management to practitioners
· Excellent social and influencing skills with demonstrated relationship-building skills
· Ability to collaborate and work across the organization
· Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
· Experience as an Agile Coach across multiple coaching engagements
· Scaled agile, Scrum or Kanban Experience required
· Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
· Launches and stabilizes teams and programs using Scaled Agile, Scrum and Kanban frameworks
· Mentors Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Project Managers, and others
· Assesses performance of teams and programs, finds opportunities for improvement and makes recommendations
· Trains and guides on a variety of lean-agile subjects
· Contributes to development and sharing of lean-agile standard methodologies
· Provides consultancy and acts as SME on lean-agile principles and leading industry practices
· Works as an agile team member of the Global PMO and Agile Transformation team
· Experience with Agile Central
· Experience with Portfolio level Scaled agile
· Involvement with lean agile organizations
· Insurance industry knowledge
· Experience in leading technical teams, such as architecture, test automation, dev ops and/or development
· Licensing or Certificates
· One or more Agile and/or Six Sigma related certifications
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. We are a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most expansive brand in the world by building complementary teams who craft delicious, feel-good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy.
At McDonald's, we are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. We see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners. We will continue to pursue big, global initiatives while remaining excellent neighbors and supporters of our local communities.
We are moving fast and are building a premier team to help us. This means that McDonald's is looking for innovators, leaders, sprinters who are focused on creating memorable experiences for our customers, employees, and partners. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have an impact around the world.
· You will launch and stabilizes teams and programs using Scaled Agile, Scrum and Kanban frameworks.
· You will mentor Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Project Managers, teams and others on processes and behaviors that align with our operating model, Scaled Agile and Lean.
· You will assesses performance of teams and programs, finds opportunities for improvement and makes recommendations.
· You will train and guide on a variety of lean-agile subjects.
· You will contribute to development and sharing of lean-agile standard methodologies across Technology and the business.
· You will provide consultancy and act as an SME on lean-agile principles and leading industry practices.
· You will interact with and presents to various leadership levels of the organization.