About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
The Impact You Will Make
We are looking for an exceptionally analytical leader to create and manage our centralized Program Management Office. This PMO leadership role will be responsible for standardizing the program/project-related governance processes and facilitate the sharing of project resources, methodologies, tools, and techniques. The ideal applicant should be an experienced and established leader with the right balance of analytical skills as well as strategic intuition and know-how.
You’ll be responsible for leading a team of Program and Project Managers that provide project related services and support to both our Logistics and Care organizations, as well as defining the strategy for preserving and maximizing value as part of the broader Grubhub platform. A real self-starter, you should have a passion for digging into all facets of operations and solving hard problems -- plus a proven track record of getting things done.
- Establish, define, and own the overall program management approach for identified strategic initiatives, including aligning on major timelines and deliverables to address and meet the desired outcomes
- Identify and oversee the individual projects that will achieve the broader program goals, formulate/consolidate project plans, identify dependencies, highlight risks and roadblocks, and suggest possible solutions to stay on track
- Lead cross-functional teams throughout the change process and ensure that there’s strong collaboration across companies/geographies; you need to be effective in holding people accountable
- Establish an agile integration project framework, which includes clear communication plans, disciplined timelines, effective review processes, thorough risk management, and the flexibility to react to learnings which arise during integration
- Define, analyze, and implement the relevant financial, operational, and customer experience KPIs and drive business integration accordingly in alignment with broader business goals and objectives
- Work closely with Senior Leadership to plan for and implement effective workforce and cultural integrations; Provide Senior Leadership with the information needed to assess project value, impact, and strategic alignment
- Act as an advisor for project teams within the program, recognizing strengths and accomplishments
- Identify structural and process improvement opportunities as well as innovation enabled by the integration
What You Bring to the Table
- 10+ years of Program Management and/or Project Management experience, leading end-to-end business and technical project implementations
- 5+ years implementing and leading a centralized Project Management Office (PMO)
- 5+ years of Project Portfolio Management (PPM) experience, developing and prioritizing strategies that identify the right mix or projects and resources needed to meet organizational objectives.
- 5+ years of experience in business strategy or operations leadership roles, accountable for end-to-end implementations
- 5+ years of people management experience required
- MBA or Masters in Project Management required
- PMP and/or Lean Six Sigma certification preferred (Green belt or higher)
- Track record of driving results and leading execution on cross-functional teams; you’re effective in running complex projects -- everything from project plans, tracking, communication, etc.
- Strong attention to detail; digs into all of the minutiae and understands every aspect of the business; you love to learn and when something isn’t clear you figure it out
- Experience overseeing and offering strategic guidance to Project Managers while ensuring proper communication between independent teams in the company
- Critical thinker with strong analytical skills (you are an expert at Excel and SQL skills a plus); you bring solutions to the table based on thorough analyses
- Data analysis and business data reporting experience preferred
- Thrives working in a fast-paced environment with ambitions goals
- Experience identifying and capturing business needs and translating into detailed project requirements
- Experience establishing a clear charter to underline expectations and implementation of a project delivery framework.
- Track record of driving results and completing projects on schedule and within budget
- Excellent written and verbal communicator with experience communicating with all levels up to and including executive management.
- Experience with Waterfall, Agile, and/or Lean Six-Sigma project management methodologies
- Experience with, project management tools, such as Asana, Jira, or Smartsheets a plus
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.