Sr. Portfolio Manager (Products & Technology)
Job Description Summary
Reporting directly to the Director of Portfolio and Program Management, this role is responsible for driving the business value and successful outcomes for one or more portfolio of projects in alignment with the company’s long term strategic goals. This includes managing portfolio governance, performing analysis of aggregate portfolio investment performance, enabling effective business decision making with clear insight into risks, commitments, benefits and resource allocation.
A key aspect of this role will be to create trust and credibility with cross functional Executives, Product Managers, Portfolio Technical Owners and Program Management resources. The ideal candidate will have proven history of program/portfolio management, strategic planning and financial analysis, be interested in and able to understand business strategy and technology, and be comfortable interacting with senior executives and peers alike.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Strategic Planning & Investment Management
- Lead Technology department in the Corporate Strategic Planning for investment selections for all markets and portfolios.
- Partner with key stakeholders in Corporate Strategic Planning to understand the 5-year corporate strategy/direction required to prioritize initiatives; support evaluation of funding alternatives and trade-off options for proposed investment options.
- Model trade-offs in constantly changing environments; optimize funding and resource allocation across all portfolios and cross-functional initiatives.
Portfolio Performance & Risk Management
- Provide continuous monitoring of progress of aggregate performance, strategic changes, benefits and resource allocation through a set of key performance indicators.
- Analyze portfolio and program performance for better decision making. Provide on-going portfolio governance and advice to management on portfolio progress, risks and issue resolution to ensure that the portfolio remains on target against the strategy.
- Perform good financial stewardship through highlighting any risks/issues arising from the performance of individual program investments to assure the on-plan usage and consumption of resources and funding
Stakeholder Management and Alignment
- Drive visibility and consistency of strategic initiatives in partnership with other CCC leaders
- Provide executive transparency and analysis into the financial health and strategic alignment of the product and technology portfolio’s projects. Keep stakeholders informed and engaged with executive level reports, dashboards and interactive visualizations.
- Implement effective communication plan and operating rhythm, including provision of regular and accurate reports.
- Provide decision making support to Sponsors/Stakeholders, with clear insights of commitment, risks and issues and recommendations for action
- Build trust and maintain relationships with multiple stakeholder groups, including Technology Product, Strategy, Markets and Executive Leadership.
Portfolio and Program Management Governance and Capabilities
- Manage and mature interrelated processes by which CCC prioritizes, selects and monitors initiatives to best accomplish our strategy and objectives
- Lead the development, execution, continuous improvement, and adoption of standards, method, tools, and best practices in portfolio and project management; exert influence and evolution of thought to continuous organizational improvements.
- Communicate Portfolio Management value contribution to the business units and enterprise; cement the understanding that projects and programs are the mechanism by which strategy is realized and change is delivered.
- Serves as a resource to senior executives by developing and leading internal consulting efforts around investment, demand, resource capacity, other executive ideas/initiatives
- Continuously improving the use of tools to drive automated portfolio analysis and reporting, and adding a level of confidence and control across all portfolios.
- 5 + years of experience and demonstrated success in portfolio management practices with emphasis on portfolio/program management support, reporting, process and governance
- 5+ years of software project/program management experience
- Proven experience in successfully leading and facilitating teams in portfolio management, portfolio planning and financial analysis; covering investment, product and technology portfolio
- Prior experience in Strategy Planning including financial and resource analysis
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate across functional and virtual teams with a mixture of direct and dotted-line reporting
- Ability to define and manage to key performance indicators/metric
- Proven ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel and influence internal and external key stakeholders and build consensus; prior experience with executives mandatory
- Ability to effectively gather, research and present information to senior management, customers and vendors orally and in writing
- Requires excellent analytical ability, strong judgment and the ability to work effectively with internal and external customers
- Highly developed negotiation, facilitation, collaboration and consensus building skills
- Solid grasp of financial concepts, such as depreciation schedules, dollar costing and total cost of ownership
- Experience with PPM tools and processes
- Bachelor's degree in a related business or technical discipline
- Managing large, global portfolios preferred.
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.