Sr Portfolio Mgr - ServiceNow at Scale at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
The Sr. Portfolio Manager, ServiceNow at Scale is a key position within the Leading Practices organization responsible for setting the standard for excellence. Specifically, as they relate to how our customers can design and build a unified and scalable platform that encapsulates multiple product suites and solutions, while ensuring a seamless experience for users and a streamlined flow of work. This role will help define the leading practice that support platform owners and platform architects to scale their ServiceNow portfolio effectively. This includes setting up and maintaining the Now Platform as a long-lasting, technically healthy, and solid foundation for scale, and leveraging ServiceNow's own product suites and capabilities for managing the solutions and applications that run on it. Through innovation, creative thinking, and the delivery of leading practice assets, you will be a driving factor in the long-term success of our customers as they build up and grow their ServiceNow practices.
This requires a highly focused and structured individual with vision who can instigate and drive change across various parts of the organization and beyond.
What You Get To Do In This Role
- You are responsible for the defining and maintaining one or more portfolios of leading practice assets as they relate to the ServiceNow at Scale domain. Topics include setting up a center of excellence, designing a unified platform, generating interdepartmental synergy with multiple product suites, maintaining quality master data, management & operations at scale, and more.
- Collaborate with the other portfolio managers across the Now Platform and IT workflow portfolios to create and maintain a unified strategy and portfolio for leveraging ServiceNow at Scale.
- Collaborate with the "Now on Now" teams within our own IT department to extrapolate learnings from leveraging ServiceNow to manage ServiceNow on a daily basis.
- You are responsible for the creation, publication and maintenance of ServiceNow's leading practice assets, such as workshop materials, use cases, reference material, and starter kits within the portfolio.
- Translate the various Now Platform features and capabilities into outcomes and value that help drive successful engagement with our customers.
- Support the demand for packaged delivery services from ServiceNow's Customer Outcomes teams by building effective service offering concepts.
- Engage in strategic internal process improvement initiatives to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the Leading Practices organization's portfolio management processes.
- Develop a network of relationships, and collaborate closely, with colleagues across geographies and product lines to ensure consistency across all our products and offerings in leveraging the Now Platform at scale.
- Collaborate and liaise extensively with the other organizational functions, such as Sales, Product Management, Training, and others to ensure a consistent customer journey and experience.
- Liaise with the Product Business Units to ensure the product vision is translated into leading practices and alignment is created with the portfolio strategy.
- Enable delivery teams, services sales teams, and partner managers on new and updated leading practices and service offerings.
- Keep track of ongoing Customer Outcomes engagements that leverage services and assets of your portfolios to review the effectiveness of the portfolio.
- Assist in strategic customer meetings providing deep subject matter expertise.
- Provide feedback into the Business Unit for continual improvement of product capabilities, features and interoperability in consideration of customer needs and requirements.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 6+ years of experience of implementing or managing the Now Platform. Of which at least 2 in an architecture or platform owner capacity.
- Proficiency with, and understanding of, multiple product suites available on the Now Platform, their interoperability, and impact within the context of the platform as a whole. Ideally suites that span multiple lines of business for our customers.
- Strong experience and understanding of the alignment process between different enterprise LoBs in their move to a single platform.
- Capable of understanding and defining the bigger picture. This role requires continuous translation between technical capabilities, business outcomes and value, and conceptual standardization.
- Strong negotiation skills to be able to represent the knowledge domain perspective with a diverse group of stakeholders within the company, while driving to a common business outcome.
- Experience in a Professional Services environment engaging with executive stakeholders, architects, and extended program teams a plus.
- Self-starter and disciplined
- Ability to learn technology quickly, through instruction and self-training
- Ability to be flexible to work in an international, fast-growing environment
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
Work Environment We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented people in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional, yet relaxed atmosphere.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.