ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
ServiceNow, Inspire Value Excellence – Senior Principal Strategist
Location(s): Santa Clara, CA USA
This position reports to: Global Senior Director, Inspire Value Excellence
Summary of the position (job description):
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks, and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
The candidate will work closely with leaders throughout the company to ensure our value management assets are threaded throughout our sales life cycle and strategies.
This role requires the leader to have the ability to work in cross-functional teams comprising of leaders from accounts executives, solution consulting, business units, and functional groups. You will also partner with various functions to measure and track critical initiatives and support in the preparation of content for executive discussions.
In this role, you will work on highly complex sales enablement opportunities, gain insight into the strategic and operational sales issues, have exposure to senior-level decision making, and establish relationships with people across the entire company.
We are looking for a person who is an effective influencer, who can rapidly demonstrate impact and value to the organization. The candidate must excel in areas of sales strategy, design thinking, and execution including business analysis, problem solving, program management, executive communication, consensus building and people development.
What you get to do in this role (job responsibilities):
Elevating Value Management Platforms and Discipline
1. Ensure all value management initiatives are based on over-delivery on expected business value and continue to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction
2. Create and deploy a consistent approach and tools (e.g. VMP) to enable the wider field sales teams to execute relevant value-based activities in the pre-sales and benefits realization motions
3. Collaborate with business unit owners, account executives, solution consulting, product line sales, and professional services to extend our value management assets throughout the sales life cycle and strategies
4. Elevate the value management function internally across our field sales stakeholders to contribute to the overall account(s) sales strategy
5. Continue to evaluate and build key performance metrics and dashboards that help drive scaled adoption of value management assets across the sales organization
6. Design and manage lightweight collaborative processes, including inputs, outputs, and structured communications for keeping models and metrics current
Innovation on value content and insights
1. Develop new approaches to evolve the ServiceNow value management offerings to help customers achieve differentiated business outcomes
2. Generate insights through advanced analytics, data mining, and voice of customer to improve value management’s impact to the sales and renewal process
3. Lead the evolution of value management content to deliver advance sales operations insights for the regional sales leadership team
4. Continue to identify unique use cases to leverage value management assets to enable our sales team to pursue customers with a large enterprise business objective, thereby, improving our qualified pipeline opportunities and greater NNACV potential
5. Partner with ServiceNow product line business units to keep updated on the latest developments and releases of new functionality and areas of value
6. Continually develop the practice of value advisory through enhancement of methodology, toolsets, and practices
7. Identify, lead and contribute to the creation of best practices, white papers, workshops, etc.
Extensive consultative sales experience
1. You have 12+ years of management experience in a top management consulting firm or software company with a focus on business transformation and sustained execution of continuous optimization initiatives for fortune 500 companies;
2. You obtained a bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in a quantitative field; advanced degree is preferred
3. You know that true outcomes are not accidental, they are crafted with relentless preparation, collaboration, and a deep focus on the details
4. Drive accountability with all team members to ensure operational excellence and quality of deliverables
5. Excellent situational awareness in handling objections in dynamic customer environments
6. Executive presence while collaborating with and successfully influencing the C-suite to act
7. Strong verbal and written communication of qualitative and quantitative business cases
8. Deep financial analysis and modeling of ROI and TCO concepts to justify business cases
Collaborative servant leadership style
1. Must be a team player that is goal-oriented and confident, with aptitude and strong desire to build high-performing teams. This individual must demonstrate an ability to get things done, manage multiple stakeholders both internally and externally with both direct line and dotted line team members, build consensus and resolve conflict in a highly collaborative manner.
2. Embodies leadership qualities such as growth mindset, high accountability and integrity combined with a desire to make teammates and customers successful
3. Ability to work across matrix organizational setups that often extend beyond company boundaries and vertically from directors to C-level executives
4. Strong facilitation skills, to encourage clear articulation of the business issues, effective solutions and need to act
5. Diligent at measuring and communicating progress to achieve targeted business results, identifying obstacles and associated remediation plansAdditional Information
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.