Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Senior Principal Business Technology Communications Specialist is responsible for developing content and providing counsel in support of CIO communications including presentations, speeches, articles, etc to external and internal audiences.
This individual will work in direct partnership with the CIO and other senior BT Leaders translating their strategy into effective communications to the organization.
What You’ll Do
- Crafts compelling technology and innovation stories as the content lead (speechwriter, spokesperson, blogger, etc) for the CIO
- Captures the authentic voice of the CIO in written communications and partner with them to bring to life their vision, strategy and priorities
- Supports the CIO through creating communication and materials for the Board of Directors
- Works with and advises CIO on the right forum, timing, and content of communications to ensure employees are informed, inspired and empowered to meet company and department goals
- Develop content and provide counsel in support of c-suite communications including presentations, speeches, and articles to external and internal audiences.
- Coaches and supports CIO in the delivery of organizational and business change management and communication initiatives.
- Translates information into sound communication strategy.
- Produces substantive presentations and speeches, articles, blogs, white papers, op-ed pieces, organizational communications, panel discussion guides, interviews and earnings overviews for internal and external audiences.
- Creates Internal and External Communications: draft reports, pitch decks, speeches and/or presentations
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelors in Communication or Finance
- 8+ years of Communications, Public Relations, Finance, or related experience
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; video, graphics or other multimedia expertise a plus.
- Proven track record of creating and executing executive and internal communications in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Experience writing for and working directly with C suite and other senior executives (preferably in the Technology space)
- Expertise using Adobe Creative Cloud software (After Effects, Premier, InDesign, etc.) to edit video footage for use in internal company meetings, announcements, and features.
#LI-MF1 #Remote #BI-Remote
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.