Chowbus is a fast growing, well-funded food delivery startup headquartered in Chicago on a mission to help diners to discover new and exquisite dishes, and to give traditional mom and pop restaurants a fighting chance to succeed without compromising who they truly are. By building a super app, our goal is to be the one stop shop for everything related to food.
About The Role
If you’re a proactive and self-motivated person, this is the role for you. Progressive experience in strategic sourcing and procuring processes for growing companies is required, as well as the ability to influence and interact with all levels of management and cross-functional teams in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. This role will report directly to the Director of Finance.
What You'll Do
- Understand organizational and departmental strategy to effectively manage procurement process (identifying vendors, evaluating bids, conducting due diligence, presenting selections to internal stakeholders, and engaging with selected vendors)
- Assist with the development and refinement of procurement to pay process as company continues to grow
- Collaborate proactively with internal departments such as engineering, marketing, and operations on sourcing strategy and selection to ensure buy-in from all stakeholders
- Maintain relationships with vendors and seeking opportunities to improve
- Ability to successfully reach business objectives through supplier negotiations while working internally to determine acceptable parameters
- Assist with cost analyses to determine areas for cost optimization
- Assist with ad-hoc requests and projects as needed
What You'll Need
- 4+ years of relevant experience in procurement, purchasing, strategic sourcing, or related field; preferably in tech or a startup
- Proven strategic and critical thinking skills as well as an ability to execute
- Exceptional negotiation skills and the ability to coach and influence others to do the same
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong cross-cultural, interpersonal and communication skills
- Has an eye for process improvement and is a problem solver
Chowbus is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.