Chowbus is a fast growing, well-funded food startup headquartered here in Chicago on a mission to help diners to discover new and exquisite dishes, and to give traditional mom and pop restaurants a fighting chance to succeed without compromising who they truly are. By building a superb app and world-class operations, our goal is to be the one stop shop for everything related to food.
At Chowbus, a Senior Operations Manager is the true owner of their area, working to oversee and grow grocery operations. The role involves improving efficiency and scale of the grocery business through management of the daily operation and additional projects. A successful candidate for this role will be analytical, comfortable making strategic decisions in a rapidly-changing environment, and have a bias toward action.
- Oversee grocery business’ daily operations.
- Recruitment and indirect management of contractor workforce.
- Collaborate with city General Managers to ensure smooth lines of communication between the operation and city teams.
- Identify opportunities for improvement through data analysis and rapidly implement them.
- Work closely with senior management and General Managers to centralize grocery operation management.
- Rapidly scale operations where customer demand and geographic expansion require it.
- Work with senior management and Product teams to implement software updates that enhance the customer experience.
We are excited if you...
- Have at least 4+ years of experience managing operations and/or project teams focused on operational initiatives.
- Have a 4 year degree; an MBA or Master’s degree in business related fields would be a plus.
- Are fluent in Chinese and English.
- Have a track record of operational success and advancing to roles with increased responsibility and impact.
- Are proficient in extracting insights from operational metrics and making data-driven decisions.
- Have a customer-first mindset and prioritize their experience in making business decisions.
- Can influence peers and senior management through clear thinking and communication.
- Learn by quickly testing out new hypotheses.
- Have experience in achieving consistent results in an environment with team members in distributed locations.
Chowbus is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.