If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe Territory 8N Project Management Team works with customer across Oregon, Washington, Montana, Idaho, Alaska and Hawaii. The team consists of Project Managers with varying amounts of experience and levels of capability. Overall, the System Integration Team sets business goals to successfully implement and integrate complex Motorola systems sold in the Western Region. This includes working with various disciplines both internal and external to Motorola in the interest of providing total customer satisfaction and achieving Regional business goals.
This position is for a Project Manager to implement medium to large projects. The candidate should have a basic understanding of project management principles and be good at developing relationships, internally and externally, to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations
The Project Manager’s responsibilities include but not are not limited to:
• Planning, organizing and directing the efforts of internal Motorola resources and/or subcontractor personnel.
• Successful completion of assigned projects on schedule, within budget, and according to contract requirements and prescribed quality standards.
• Developing clear understanding of all contract requirements and negotiating all installation subcontracts.
• Controlling inventory of equipment and parts.
• Coordinating all system training, optimization, testing, and acceptance.
• Preparing budgets, reports, and scheduling for each project assigned.
• Ensuring the profitability and customer satisfaction goals of the project.
• Leads and directs the work activities of program team across organizational boundaries.
• Conducts complex needs assessments and requirements gathering directly with clients.
• Defines and develops program scope, objectives, detailed plans, budgets and metrics for large complex projects. Develops forecasts and responses to variances and trends with the project.
• Monitors project execution to ensure all obligations are met. May pursue contract variations, when appropriate.
• Identifies and mitigates risks; develops and implements risk mitigation plans.
• Procures internal and external resources. Allocates project staff with the required competencies to meet the project objectives.
• Drives strategic relationships between internal and external teams. Resolves issues between internal and external groups.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully apply project management skill in such areas as customer relations, team building, matrix management, project planning, conflict resolution, and budget.
• Capable of developing detailed project status reports and conducting formal customer briefings.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multi-disciplinary teams: engineers, technicians, project managers, project supervisors, etc.
• Prior technical background of 2 to 5 years experience as an Engineer, senior technician, or similar experience is highly desirable.
• PMI Certification is desirable.
• Project Management Methodology (PMI)
• Computer skills capable of working with databases, Google Suite, MS Office and Project, etc.
• Change order development
• Subcontractor management.
• Knowledge of proper installation procedures
• Quality Assurance: can determine proper quality installation workmanship.
**Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customers**
- Associates Degree is required, Bachelors Degree is preferred
- Experience of 5+ years with demonstrated ability to manage multi-technology projects
- Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain necessary security clearance as required by government contracts
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.