Sr Project Manager at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewAt Motorola Solutions, we help people be their best in moments that matter. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. We provide solutions to first responders needs when a moment brings catastrophe. The Software Deployment and Integration services team is responsible for the delivery of Command Center projects to our public safety customers. The projects contained in the Command Center portfolio include large Statewide, Regional and major Municipal Public Safety Applications (CAD, Mobile, Records Management, Crime Analysis, and Jail), Video, Emergency Call Handling/Next Gen 911 solutions, Asset Management Solutions and other applications used in the Command Center.
This is a remote based opportunity. Candidates must live near a major airport and be open to traveling 50% of the time to customer sites located in the Southeast region of the U.S.
The Sr. Project Manager will lead large programs or portions of very complex programs up to $10M.
- Communicates with key customer stakeholders.
- Can comprehend and participate with sales on the overall strategy of the project to increase revenue.
- Conducts needs assessments and requirements gathering.
- Defines and develops program scope, objectives, detailed plans, budgets and metrics for large projects and/or portions of complex projects.
- Manages projects from inception to completion (or transition), including tracking and evaluation of project performance.
- Develops forecasts and proposes responses to variances and trends with the project.
- Monitors project execution to ensure all obligations are met.
- May pursue contract variations, when appropriate.
- Responsible for adherence to program plan, quality metrics and budgets for projects.
- Recommends corrective actions and implements changes.
- Identifies and mitigates risks; develops and implements risk mitigation plans.
- Procures internal and external resources.
- Allocates project staff with required competencies to meet project objectives.
- Acts as primary interface to internal teams.
- May manage challenging vendor relationships.
- Responsible for direct communication to relevant senior stakeholders.
- Leads moderately-complex communications and/or negotiations with internal or external clients.
- May provide input into proposal preparation, statements of work and specifications, and estimation of costs.
- Identifies and manages program enhancements and process improvements.
- Conducts project reviews throughout the life of the project.
- Creates a motivated team environment with support, engineering, other SI resources and resources from other departments, as needed.
- Proactively gathers lessons learned throughout the project.
- Utilizes best practice project management methodologies to ensure maximum project effectiveness.
- Responsible for allocating all necessary resources to ensure projects meet financial and customer satisfaction goals.
- Experience managing complex deployments and/or software application deployments for State and Local public safety government agencies is highly desirable.
- Skilled in using Microsoft Project and similar applications for project schedule planning.
- Experience with project risk assessment and risk mitigation strategies.
- Must be a self-motivated team player able to work effectively with general guidance toward objectives.
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- MBA is considered an asset.
This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customers.
- High school diploma required; bachelors degree preferred.
- 5+ years project management experience.
- PMP Certification required.
- Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer.
Travel RequirementsOver 50%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.