Sr. Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for managing multiple projects of varying size and complexity from initiation through completion across cross-functional project teams. Project work includes delivering high-quality financial risk management solutions, operational enhancements, infrastructure improvements, and/or enterprise systems. Using the OCC Project Management and Delivery procedures as a guide, the Senior Project Manager leads project planning, execution, and closure activities of the approved project while driving the effort and providing on-going monitoring and reporting of project progress.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Brings depth of Project and Program Management in both traditional and Agile project/product approaches to execute projects and achieve business outcomes.
- Demonstrates leadership and overall responsibility for project delivery including scheduling, scope management, and quality.
- Manages the day-to-day aspects of a project to deliver high-quality, on time, on budget outcomes within the project scope.
- Follows OCC standard project management guidelines, including OCC project management and delivery procedures and templates.
- Leads project initiation and planning activities to structure the project, including facilitating the definition of project goals, objectives, and scope.
- Engages project teams in detailed planning activities, including coordinating and planning all project work streams, epics, sprints, and releases. Identifies key milestones and dependencies.
- Drives and manages project execution activities and works with teams to complete deliverables and stories, achieve project milestones and timelines, proactively identify and mitigate project risks, resolve issues, manage dependencies, and escalate effectively.
- Manages and reports project statistics, including progress of project milestones and deliverables, plan vs. actuals for resource utilization and budget, and issues and risks.
- Communicates clear, concise, and accurate project status to all appropriate project stakeholders, including conducting status meetings and providing status reports.
- Takes the initiative to deliver the project, drive the team, and get the work done.
- Provides oversight of the project team, coaches team members, and holds project participants accountable for meeting commitments and goals.
- Coordinates and responds to project changes as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- 7-10 years of experience in IT technical/infrastructure project management or program leadership role.
- Experience delivering complex programs/projects in Financial Services
- Demonstrates a consultative in approach to Project Management and is confident and politely forceful
- Ability to use influence to deliver while coaching and guiding team members who report to a different manager
- Proven ability to successfully build and align project teams across business and technical resources, lead team decision-making processes, and foster an environment of healthy team debate and collaboration.
- Proven ability to manage multiple complex projects in various stages of the project life cycle from initiation through completion.
- Ability to contribute consistently and positively in a dynamic, high-paced, and sometimes unpredictable work environment.
- Proven ability to influence and facilitate project alignment between business and technical teams.
- Ability to manage large projects with aggressive timelines and challenging scope, including being able to create and execute project work plans to meet changing requirements resulting from evolving business needs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including effective presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and quantitative abilities.
- Ability to work effectively in team environment where not all team members are in the same location.
- Confident self-starter who requires minimal supervision, comfortable with ambiguity and very adaptable.
- Proficiency in project management tools such as Microsoft Project and SharePoint.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Proficiency in Agile tools such as Jira and Confluence.
- Knowledge of application development and testing processes (preferred).
- Knowledge of business process improvements and controls (preferred).
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technical discipline (desired)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Scrum Certification (desired)
- ITIL Foundations certification (desired)
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.