Sr. Project Manager at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewAt Motorola Solutions, we help people be their best in the moments that matter. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. Our work is very meaningful, impactful, and cutting edge and we invite you to explore it. We are the Best!
Motorola Solutions is a world leader in the field of professional mobile communications systems with an impressive heritage of technological innovations and a global base of installed systems. The group's main business is the implementation of mission critical digital mobile communication systems for Government & Public Safety Communications customers.
- Manages the development and/or implementation of Motorola Solutions products or services.
- Coordinates departmental or cross-functional teams, focused on delivering new or upgraded existing products or services.
- Manages projects from inception to completion (or transition), including tracking and evaluation of project performance.
- Ensures that projects are completed on time, within budget, and within accepted quality metrics.
- Participates in project review and status meetings, and communicates project status.
- Utilizes six sigma and project management methodologies to ensure maximum project effectiveness.
- Motivates project team to ensure optimal performance.
- May assist in the development of business plans, strategies, and approaches to take advantage of business opportunities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (WORD, Excel, PowerPoint & Project)
- PM Masters Certificate a plus. PMP highly desired. PMP and/or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM).
- Understanding of two way radio / cellular infrastructure communications products, services, and systems a plus.
- Understanding of local public safety customers, such as police, fire, and emergency medical services is a plus.
- Must be a self motivated team player able to work effectively with general guidance toward objectives.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years of project management experience in a technical field
- OR 5+ years of project/program management or engineering experience
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.