Sr. Supply Chain Planner
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of said data. Here at Tempus, we believe the greatest promise for the detection and treatment of cancer lies in the deep understanding of molecular activity for disease initiation, progression, and efficacious treatment based on the discovery of unique biomarkers.
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. The new and rapidly growing supply chain team at Tempus is passionate about supporting lab operations day to day and setting them up for success in this ambitious endeavor.
What you’ll do:
- Report directly to the Director of Supply Chain and work hand-in-hand to develop replenishment and other processes and settings for supply chain.
- Develop weekly replenishment order recommendations for suppliers based on usage forecasts, vendor lead times and safety stock settings.
- Collaborate with the sales team to develop incoming patient order demand plan and assist in developing forecast accuracy metrics.
- Study and understand lab processes, equipment used, and inventory used in clinical and research patient testing and assist in developing a more comprehensive system of usage forecasting for all lab areas using sales growth forecast as input.
- Maintain systemic backup plans for crucial items and document for quality control.
- Monitor and refine safety stock settings by item / supplier in NetSuite based on factors such as risk, variability, lead time, and cost.
- Perform financial analysis of inventory consumptions to plan.
- Represent supply chain in new product development supply projections and initial purchase plan requirements. Monitor new product launch timing and effects on items that may no longer be used, refining forecasts in system as necessary.
- Aid in development and become owner for inventory defect tracking for all items.
- Compile and send/present critical vendor report cards on periodic basis including information on spend, on-time delivery, fill rate, quality and price trends, and any other information designated in vendor agreements.
- Assist in periodic running, creation and improvement of supply chain ERP reports related to replenishment, i.e. out of stock risks, excess risks, projected inventory.
- Maintain any necessary item master data information in NetSuite as assigned including setting up new items with all required information.
- Readily support purchasing and sourcing efforts on supplier RFPs, alternate sources of supply, etc. with purchase projections by item or product category.
- Drive continuous improvement efforts and best practice process documentation.
- Help efforts in lab equipment upgrade and resale or redistribution as necessary.
- Provide backup on purchase order placement as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain, operations or related field
- 3-5 years experience working within a supply chain planning or related department
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets spreadsheet functionality
- Ability to work independently and coordinate information from several departments
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency
- Impeccable organizational skills and attention to detail
- Flexibility to perform other supply chain related functions as necessary
- Great written, verbal and interpersonal skills for vendors and customers
- Passion for process improvement and documentation
- Experience working in an ERP system such as SAP, Oracle, NetSuite
- APICS certification(s) such as CPIM or CSCP