222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a startup consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is looking for a staff accountant with a strong accounts payable background to join our accounting team. Position will consist of full function accounts payable supervising daily, weekly and monthly accounting and financial processes, entries and reconciliations, financial analyses, as well as ad hoc projects.
Responsibilities for this position wil l include:
* Oversee and coordinate daily workflow of the AP staff and follow AP processes and procedures
* Oversee weekly payment check runs
* Supervise the accounts payable inbox daily for invoice submission, approval, follow up requests
* Work with accounts payable team, vendors and internal departments to resolve questions
* Assist with credit card payment reconciliation
* Process electronic, check, and cash deposits for the bank reconciliation
* Work closely with the Finance team on initiatives to improve processes and procedures to ensure the AP department is running as efficiently as possible
* Responsible for maintaining accurate financial records and vendor records and managing 1099 reporting
* Record monthly journal entries related to AP, fixed assets, expenses, etc.
* Reconcile various accounts
* Report on financials and KPIs for business units
* Review and approve bi-monthly employee expense reimbursements with accurate coding
* Provide support for data requests during the financial audit process
* Provide support for Finance team process improvements
* Ad-hoc financial analysis for use by management in decision making
* 3-4 years work experience in Accounts Payable
* Bachelor’s Degree preferred
* Experience supervising in a fast paced and high-volume payables environment as well as working collaboratively in a team-based structure.
* Strong self-motivated individual
* Accuracy and Attention to Detail
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability and comfort level communicating with senior management and vendors
* Ability to adapt to changes in environment
* Demonstrated computer skills, with proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Knowledge of Great Plains is a plus.
Think you've got what it takes? Join our team and make us better.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.