Staff Technical Program Manager at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
What you get to do in this role:
When you join the Platform Engineering Business Operations team you will work side-by-side with some of the most innovative and collaborative product and technology leaders. You will be supporting the teams in all aspects of their operation to ensure successful development and release of these cutting-edge technologies. A major part is helping to identify and improve areas of process, approach, structure, or information flow that are holding the team back from getting to success easily. You will play a major role in successfully delivering the latest technologies that will help ServiceNow scale and grow.
- You will partner with Engineering Managers and Cross Functional teams to plan and prioritize work
- You will be working with Stakeholders to understand requirements and negotiate solutions to issues
- You will be engaging the teams on multiple levels of program planning and execution
- You will identify and manage cross-team collaboration and dependencies
- You will be removing impediments to delivery of the initiatives
- You will support the teams internal and external visibility to progress, status, timelines, risks and achievements
To be successful in this role you have:
We need someone who is process-oriented, results driven, and able to collaborate to build the roadmap for the future. The key to success is the ability to be a flexible thinker and outstanding communicator who is comfortable working cross-functionally to develop and manage rigorous, well-communicated deliverables. In this role, you will drive delivery and capability excellence through the design, development and delivery of solutions and services.
- Build strong, trusting relationships with development teams, leadership, stakeholders, and cross-functional groups
- Proven ability to lead through influence
- Ability to work effectively in both strategic and tactical spaces
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills to be able to coordinate complicated efforts and environments
- High emotional intelligence to effectively manage a diverse team working in different environments
- Exceptional team building and team management skills, including interpersonal skills, conflict resolution and negotiation
- Demonstrated competence in key program management best practices: program planning, schedule construction and management; risk assessment & mitigation, change management and predictive metrics
- Encourage, support, and guide continuous improvement of the team, its products, and processed
- An orientation for execution with a strong process and metrics focus
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.