Strategic Communications & Presentation Specialist
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
In this high profile and fast-paced role in the Office of the CIO, we are looking for an excellent communicator and storyteller who can make compelling, cohesive communication come to life. This person will generate ideas and approaches for communicating relevant updates and improving employee effectiveness and engagement. The ideal candidate is creative, collaborative and passionate about helping our award-winning Technology organization continue to evolve and innovate.
Responsible for key deliverables such as critical research and crafting presentations and reporting for key stakeholders and various strategic projects for business.
- Coordinates the development of presentations and reports utilized by the senior management and the executive committee, such as (but not limited to) Townhall and Department presentations, critical project tracking, and Board backup materials.
- Supports the successful completion of strategic projects by performing research, assessing possibilities, and framing the recommendation through presentations.
- Oversees high-priority initiatives, which requires coordination of resources and high levels of functional integration.
- Responsible for document/presentation management and template maintenance. Documents detailed agendas, meeting minutes, action items, project plans, and maintains an issue log. Communicates status to all required stakeholders.
- Informs and engages technology staff by creating articles, graphics and videos for corporate social media channels and bi-weekly newsletters.
- Supports the Office of the CIO with a special project responsibilities including management of town hall meetings, the external award nomination process and employee engagement activities.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Finance, Business, Technology or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Project Management, Marketing, Finance, Business, Communications, Technology, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Project Management, Marketing, Finance, Business, Communications, Technology, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 4+ years of experience in Project Management, Marketing, Finance, Business
- Agile and/or Kanban, PMP
- Understanding of IT fundamentals, major technology platforms and organization
- Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Teams) and intermediate proficiency with photo and video editing software
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated focus on quality, attention to detail and creativity
- Understanding of best practices for communication initiatives and knowledge of measurements for effectiveness and efficiency
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!