Overview of role:
For close to 50 years, TransUnion has worked with Financial Services businesses to assess consumer risk and behavior. We identify needs that these businesses have or will have and work with them to understand how best to address those needs with our data, analytics, and technology. The Strategic Initiatives Consultant will plan, manage, and support end-to-end implementation of key thought leadership and customer engagement initiatives aligned to the strategic plan for the Consumer Lending line of business and in support of the overall business objectives for the Financial Services vertical. The successful candidate will apply standard and proven project management methodologies to define, structure, and manage projects to ensure successful delivery.
What we’ll bring:
- A welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a diverse team
- 5-7 years of experience in project management or related field
- Must have a strong customer service mentality, and consistent desire to exceed expectations as a matter of personal pride.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure. Accountable for delivering results. Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects with varying due dates and requirements.
- Ability to interact effectively with senior management, executive management, fellow team members and outside stakeholders.
- The incumbent must be collaborative, problem-solving and experienced in change management. Creativity, flexibility and initiative are also required.
- Must be extremely well organized with superior oral and written communication skills.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft® Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and database applications, as well as internet applications (e.g., SharePoint).
- Must be able to compose and/or coordinate complex correspondence such as reports and presentations in a clear and concise manner.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
Impact you’ll make:
- Plan, develop and implement impactful customer engagement events, both internal and external, that support the consumer lending business objective
- Develop workplans (with agreed-upon dates and key milestones), coordinate activities across teams, identify interdependencies for shared resources, develop status reports
- Organize and facilitate meetings and presentations, manage the pace of the meeting and the topics covered; summarize and document the key points discussed; and follow up on outstanding issues and assigned tasks
- Manage the collection and presentation of consumer feedback and industry market research across many listening posts, as well as monitoring a closed loop action and feedback process
- Interface with team members and stakeholders across the enterprise (e.g., Marketing, Sales, Finance, Product Development, and Global Technology) to manage the delivery of strategic initiatives within a dynamic business environment
- Share workplans and status reports with team to ensure roles and responsibilities are properly defined, key contributors are properly assigned, and the project is progressing, as expected
- Communicate with customers including executives using creative outreach methods via email and phone
- Support the implementation and execution of key projects in support of the business strategy and operational plan
- Complete activities and support projects of varying complexity and scope, including developing project plans, setting milestones, communicating clear expectations and managing resources to drive projects forward
- Participate in planning and execution of customer engagement initiatives including customer advisory boards and industry events
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Marketing, Sales, Product Development, and Global Technology to execute on our strategic priorities
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.