Strategic Onboarding Specialist
Guaranteed Rate is the 7th largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. By offering industry-leading tools, low-rate mortgages and unparalleled customer service, we’ve become the Home Purchase Experts®. At Guaranteed Rate, we think big—pushing beyond what most people believe is possible. We strive to work with the best of the best, building business with the best referral partners and hiring the best employees—allowing us to deliver world-class customer service. Our goal is to make sure every customer has a great experience. Headquartered in Chicago with 5,000+ employees in 300+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, we’ve helped thousands of homeowners with more than $24 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in just the past year alone.
- All onboarding requirements completed within time to task (Set Expectations with new hire, E-mails, Phone Calls, Training, Compliance, etc.).
- Follow up on all password sheets, equipment shipments, and training to ensure perfect Day 1 experience.
- Alignment of Processes and Facilitation of the New Hire across all departments (Human Resources, Commissions and Payroll, Licensing, Marketing, TechSquad and NSC, etc.).
- Prepare custom training plans in accordance with NEST directives for each job family; review progress and register for remaining classes at 30, 60 and 90 days.
- Improve response rates and relationships with hiring managers – they should WANT to take your call and keep you in the loop.
- All 90 Day assessments completed and delivered within 2 weeks of employee’s 90 day mark.
- Average response times under 30 minutes, responses comprehensive and consistent with Core Values/One Voice standards.
- Assist in Branch Opening and Start up – initial requests, follow up with appropriate departments, and manager escalations. Provide clear expectations, direction and coaching.
- Five Star customer service skills, Organizational and analytical acumen
- Personal and Team growth and development through extra projects assigned
- Follow up and follow through
- Familiarity with mortgage industry and GR loan process
- Exceptional training and communication skills and ability to influence multiple levels of management
- Escalation point for new hire questions and fulfillment issues
- Escalations to management as needed and when appropriate-nonresponsive, not taking training, issues that we cannot resolve, concerns about lack of support, etc. Exercise good judgment and remain service-oriented at all times
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Must be able to commute to local office and have proper internet connection to be able to work from home
Expected Hours of work
- Full-time, standard business hours (typically 8:30-5:30 or 9:00-6:00)
Required or Preferred Education and Experience
- College degree or equivalent
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Customer Service experience
- Mortgage industry or HR experience preferred
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity.