Strategic Partnerships Program Manager at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
This person will be charged with program management and operational execution for Affirm’s strategic partnerships. They will help drive project execution, provide visibility to cross-functional and executive teams around program status and health, working in tandem with several teams across the entire org (Finance, Sales, Risk, Operations, Compliance, Client Success, Operations, etc.). Understanding how to apply project management tenets and tools to optimize the planning, implementation of projects, and workstreams are needed. Overall, they will be the glue to ensure processes are being led to reach company objectives of user acquisition, profitability, and overall successful partnership program.
This role is internal and external facing and requires effective communication skills to convey sophisticated ideas clearly and concisely. This role will be collaborating with partners to enable the broader program team (and partner) to execute within their workstreams.
What you'll need to succeed
This role requires a problem-solver who is also an effective influencer with a discerning eye for business. They need to deeply understand Affirm’s business, partnerships team, and rapidly demonstrate impact and value to the organization. The ideal candidate has a combination of project management, operations, and technology experience. They are able to thrive in a high-growth and fast-paced environment, are forward-thinking, and can work autonomously.
What you'll do
- Execute on Go to market (GTM) strategy, develop documentation and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to drive work efficiencies. This includes project management tools, RACI models, operating plans, etc.
- End to end program management for Affirm’s most strategic partnerships
- Ownership of complex workstreams with cross-functional partners internally and externally and with strategic partners to drive adoption, usage, satisfaction, and revenue growth
- Support overall functions for Powered by Affirm partnerships portfolio health (loan volume, merchant adoption, AOV lift, conversion, share of cart, etc)
- Run team meetings efficiently, connecting dots while influencing and holding teams accountable
- Identify areas of improvement, assess and roll-out of tools to optimally and efficiently iterate on processes
What we look for
- 6-8+ years of work experience in management consulting, analytics, operations, or strategy and operations at a technology company (or similar)
- BA/BS in a relevant field (Operations Management and Systems Engineering is a plus).
- Excellent time and project management skills with the ability to build strong cross-functional relationships and work collaboratively (PMP certification is a plus)
- Experience in applying operational processes efficiency frameworks such as Lean Management, Six Sigma, and other operational efficiency tools
- Proven abilities to ask the right questions and to use sound business judgment when collaborating with a wide range of partners
- Effective and mature communicator, able to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing; comfortable in business and technical discussions
- Self-disciplined with an outstanding sense of duty and perseverance, ability to take charge when needed and hold others accountable
- Ability to quickly handle a multitude of tasks at a time and remain steady in a fast-paced, often ambiguous, and changing environment