Strategic Vertical Manager
SpotHero is seeking an individual with general manager-type qualities to own the P&L and drive revenue growth for one of our vertical businesses. Our verticals currently consist of Airport, Events and Monthly and represent growth focus areas for the company. The right candidate will combine analytical horsepower and ops mindedness to determine appropriate growth levers, shape a cross-functional roadmap, and drive daily operational improvement. Roadmap ownership will entail influencing and managing efforts across the Sales, Marketing, Product and Business Development functions at SpotHero. The role will report to our VP, Vertical Business Teams and join a growing Strategic Vertical Manager team.
Who we are:
SpotHero is a fast-growing market leader disrupting the mobility space. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app, website, and connected car integrations to reserve convenient, affordable parking. Parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What you’ll do:
Strategy & Operations
- Conducting ongoing analysis to identify opportunities to improve both vertical-specific operations & strategic direction
- Developing the case for vertical-specific investment, including as part of annual business planning process
- Executing regular experiments to improve operations and playbooking / scaling as appropriate
- Owning the x-functional vertical roadmap & managing peers (i.e. Sales, Marketing, Product, etc) toward execution of associated projects
- Leading x-functional meetings with focus on providing context needed to effectively execute projects, while building team spirit / momentum
- Owning reporting to the company & serving as single source of truth for vertical specific activity
- Developing dashboards and reviewing daily vertical performance to get ahead of issues & inform daily activities (i.e. get the most out of each & every day!)
- Providing leverage to x-functional team members, by taking daily execution activities off their plate where appropriate
- Acting as point person for bug resolution impacting vertical performance
What we’re looking for:
- Acts like an owner. Treats the vertical as their own business and is excited by the prospect of being on the hook for daily performance and overall P&L results.
- Execution oriented. Eager to roll up sleeves and get into the details, with a view to influencing daily activities and operations of the company.
- Experimentation focused. Acts as a tinkerer, designing pilots and tests that can drive step-change process innovation and operational improvement.
- Analytically driven. Takes a data driven approach to decision making and is versed in building business cases to justify investment & process change.
- Able to influence. Skilled in working through others to get things done, fostering strong relationships with x-functional peers.
- 5+ years of experience in an analytical or operational field (e.g. management consulting, mobility / transportation, etc)
- Project management expertise with ability to lead x-functional teams
- Born entrepreneur with the ability to identify ideas, substantiate with data and test / launch with minimal resources
- Business, engineering, economics, and other technical education backgrounds preferred
- Experience with BI tools (Looker) and CRM (Salesforce) preferred
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Work alongside an A+ team of intelligent, caring, fun & ambitious professionals, who all believe in market leadership.
- Excellent benefits – We cover 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (we’re a parking company, of course!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Best Consumer Web Company by Built in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.