Strategy and Planning Manager at Camelot Illinois
About Camelot Illinois
Camelot Illinois operates the Illinois Lottery, a modern enterprise that truly benefits the people of Illinois. We place consumers and social responsibility at our core, providing funding for schools, capital projects and special causes. We are a progressive organization that is reinforcing the lottery’s rightful position as a force for good alongside the State of Illinois.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Lottery Solutions, a leading solutions and technology provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Lottery Solutions digital and data platforms, and services power some of the most innovative and fastest growing lotteries in the world including the Irish and UK National Lotteries, Loterie Romande (Switzerland), and the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
The Strategic and Planning Manager will report to the Camelot Lottery Solutions Head of Strategy and will be responsible for Camelot Illinois business planning and strategy execution.
This includes facilitating our annual planning process and business planning efforts throughout the year. This role will interface with the State Lottery Director and team, as well as the Camelot Illinois Senior Leadership Team. This is a strategic role within the business, building on the diverse range of skills and experience of the existing staff.
Additionally, this individual will help us achieve the Illinois Lottery brand promise (“To be a Champion for the People of Illinois”) through successful execution of our business plans.
- Work with subject matter experts within Camelot Illinois team as well as Camelot Lottery Solutions to craft comprehensive and integrated business plans to achieve revenue and net income targets.
- Implement and follow through on high level initiatives including the Illinois state submission requirements for the annual business plan which is grounded in detailed financial forecasts.
- Present plans to internal and external stakeholders ensure the annual business plans are understood and approved.
- Manage State expectations on an ongoing basis and providing regular progress updates on the business plan implementations including managing monthly governance processes.
- Ensure that senior stakeholders including the parent company (Camelot Lottery Solutions) and Board are appropriately updated.
- Support the Camelot Illinois General Manager and Commercial Director by owning planning and implementation relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure extensive process, governance and controls are in place and followed.
- Formulate resource plans to support the delivery of the business plans.
- Work with the commercial finance team to shape forecasts and revenue budgets relating to the business plans.
- Lead internal meetings to review actual business plans against current and future priorities.
- Support efficient delivery of the business plan initiatives and continuous improvement by leading cross-functional process improvement initiatives using an Objectives and Key Results (“OKR”) framework.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 4-5 years relevant working experience.
- A professional, credible and measured demeanor.
- Engaging, influential, dynamic and authoritative nature.
- Demonstration of analytical thinking, organizational skills, communication abilities and leadership.
- Highly successful communicator: Powerful writing and presentation skills, as well as a proven ability to influence others.
- Skilled relationship manager: An ability to work with senior internal and external management teams. Collaborates well with others and plays an influential role across the business.
- Financially astute: Strong analytical skills and rich experience with financial forecasting, including business case development and understanding of a P&L and Balance Sheet..
- Proven ability to manage complex plans: Experience with numerous moving parts and multiple stakeholders. Proven ability to manage workload, budgets and project coordination.
- Strong leadership: Demonstrates credibility with strategic and business planning experience.
- Large scale resource planning: Comfortable shaping resource requirements to ensure successful delivery.
- Experience working for a management consultancy organization.
- Commercial experience spanning marketing, sales and digital.
Working For Camelot Illinois
We are a transformative lottery company with world-class people, technology, and operations that is committed to powering possibilities--for our employees, our partners, and our consumers. With grit and determination we believe in doing not just the easy thing but the right thing. The Camelot values of do good, be accountable, stay connected, keep improving, and spark enthusiasm are embedded in the design of our organization and our plans for Illinois.
- Do Good: We care about our communities, our stakeholders, and each other. We act with integrity & honesty, as a positive force for Illinois.
- Be Accountable: we drive results. And we continually strive to get those results more efficiently and effectively.
- Stay Connected: Being open, honest, and collaborative is what makes us, us. This is embodied in our messaging and communications and in how we treat each other.
- Keep Improving: We’re hungry to be better. We innovate and evolve our business, our teams, and ourselves, always with an eye on professional and personal growth.
- Spark Enthusiasm: We incorporate energy and laughter into every aspect of our work to create positive and entertaining experiences.
We want people who thrive in an autonomous, collaborative and results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling experience and meaningful work in an organization committed to growing its people. Learning & Development is a top priority, and we partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture that is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We offer a package of benefits and policies that competes with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles at work.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.