Strategy Consultant - Healthcare Economics (No travel) at Validate Health
Interested in being part of a small founding team, so you can see your direct impact on improving the healthcare industry? Want to help build an actuarial automation platform from the ground up that fulfills this vision?
Validate Health is an early stage healthcare analytics company on a mission to improve accessibility to healthcare and industry transition to value based case. Validate was founded by a prominent healthcare actuary advising on matters of health economics policy and the federal government's (HHS/CMS) healthcare data liaison to industry. Validate is building its analytics platform that encompasses the accumulated wisdom of its experts and clients, in order to empower medical organizations to manage their financial risk, while improving the clinical outcomes of their patients. We're looking for talented and driven contributors to join our team and be a part of this important moment in the healthcare industry.
Validate Health provides an actuarial optimization platform to healthcare provider organizations who are implementing value based care programs. As a strategy consultant, you get to geek out on helping these clients evaluate and implement from a broad range of healthcare programs and models. And you’ll have the resources of the Validate Health team and platform at your disposal. You’ll leverage our broad data assets, analytics technology, statistical models and actuarial knowledge to delight our clients. And you can do all this with NO TRAVEL — from the comfort of our office.
▪ Serve as the client-facing role for Validate, interacting with executives of health systems, physician groups and other provider organizations. Become a trusted advisor with clients’ leadership over time.
▪ Help prepare deliverables tailored to each client, including recommendation write-ups, data visualizations and presentation decks.
▪ Synthesize data from spreadsheets and reports to formulate client recommendations. Calculate ROI of alternative programs and specific decisions, as well as quantifying risk, expected returns and payback timeframe.
▪ Provide your expertise to support development of internal intellectual property and contribute to advancing the product roadmap.
▪ Work on a wide variety of initiatives in parallel. Manage incoming client requests, identifying which should be developed into product features.
▪ Build industry thought leadership recognition through research, publications and client case studies.
▪ 5+ years work experience in healthcare management or professional consulting
▪ Bachelor’s degree from a competitive university program. Relevant master’s degree (MBA, MPH, MHA or similar) is beneficial.
▪ Experience in some combination of the following: Evaluating value based care programs, health plan implementation, provider network design, healthcare finance, revenue cycle, population health management
▪ Proficiency in some data manipulation and statistical tools: Advanced Excel, SQL, R, SAS. Alternatively, a strong desire to learn and apply these quickly. Interested in applying actuarial methods, statistics or financial modeling.
▪ Excellent written and oral presentation skills with a track record of producing high quality client deliverables.
▪ Desire to be an expert in healthcare and passionate about making an impact in this field. Experience with healthcare claims and clinical data is beneficial. Understanding of HIPAA compliance is a plus.
▪ Must be located in Chicago.
▪ We offer a salary that grows with the company and health coverage.
▪ You also get free lunch, coffee, drinks and beer.
▪ Fun, energetic and rewarding learning environment.
▪ Conveniently located in the Merchandise Mart in the Chicago Loop.
▪ Send in your latest resume to [email protected] We will only consider candidates who apply this way.
▪ Write a note explaining what makes you particularly interested in Validate and this position specifically.
▪ Feel free to include any links that you feel speak to who you are and your capabilities, such as to LinkedIn, publications, blog or portfolio.
▪ Add “VH Strategy Consultant via BIC” to subject line.